GIG Logistics is a member of The GIG Group and prides itself as Nigeria’s leading logistics company. Incorporated in 2012 and headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria, GIG Logistics leverages on technology to gain a competitive advantage.
- Job Position: Accountant / Branch Manager
- Job Locations: Asaba, Benin, Onitsha – Anambra, Delta, and Edo
- Responsible for analyzing & reconciling detailed general ledger accounts as assigned.
- Maintains a filing system for account payable records
- Prepare and input prepayment, accrual, and other month-end journals in the Accounting system
- Respond to and resolve vendors and other accounts queries
- Collate supplier’s documentation for processing
- Work closely with the receiving department and related departments to ensure all invoices have the appropriate documentation attached and approvals prior to processing
- Process all invoices and statements and Ensure correct costing and invoicing of all sales and services.
- Record and process payments of goods and services
- Maintain clear lines of communication with outside companies to ensure timely and accurate supply of goods and services
- Keep records and accounts accurate and current.
- Implement all internal control measures.
- Prepare and monitor monthly payroll for wages and salaries.
- Ensure compliance with statutory obligations (Taxes and Rates)
- Liaise with the external auditors and government agencies.
- Ensure confidentiality within and outside the organization.
- Maintain general safety of all official documents and cash.
- Complete related reports, summaries, and records.
- Stock and inventory management and valuation.
- Coordination and reconciliation of all banking activities.
- Assist in overseeing the entire activities of the branch.
- Independently generate sales leads for the branch and also ensures target delivery.
- Monitoring employee job performance.
- Leads the sales team to maximize performance.
- Develops and executes marketing plans.
- Ensure operational excellence and integrity of the branch.
- Develop action plans to enhance operational controls and optimize customer service.
- Oversees sales leads.
- Bachelor’s Degree or HND in Accounting
- 1 – 6 years of experience.
- Mature individual, able to work independently under pressure, able to maintain accuracy, paying attention to details, meeting deadlines, and working with minimal supervision.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Relevant professional certification is a plus.
- Must be a resident of Onitsha, Asaba, or Benin.
14th January 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV / Resume to: [email protected] using the Job Title and present location as the subject of the mail e.g Office Assistant / Asaba
Note: Only applications from Delta, Benin, and Anambra states (Preferably Onitsha, Benin, and Asaba) will be considered.