Barry Callebaut Group – With annual sales of about CHF 7.3 billion (EUR 6.5 billion / USD 7.4 billion) in the fiscal year 2018/19, the Zurich-based Barry Callebaut Group is the world’s leading manufacturer of high-quality chocolate and cocoa products – from sourcing and processing cocoa beans to producing the finest chocolates, including chocolate fillings, decorations and compounds. The Group runs more than 60 production facilities worldwide and employs a diverse and dedicated global workforce of more than 12,000 people.
Job Position: Accountant
Location: Sagamu, Ogun
- As the accountant, you will be responsible for accurate quantitative information on the financial position, liquidity and cash flows of our business.
- Preparing accounts, budgeting and managing financial information, preparing and examining financial records, ensuring information is up to date and accurate as well as ensuring we’re compliant with all tax regulations.
- Lead the process to ensure transactions are processed, recorded and reported in a timely manner in line with the organization’s accounting principles and IFRS. Preparing/providing reports for the month/quarter/half-year and full-year.
- Analyze ledger transactions and derive a meaningful summary of data generated.
- Preparation of Payment Vouchers for payment of non-cocoa vendors
- Assisting the Financial Controller in preparing Regulatory reports and Management Accounts including intercompany reports/statements.
- Assisting the Financial Controller in liaising with various departments in preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Prepare and maintain a fixed asset register of all company fixed assets (tagging and verification)
- Validations of Bookkeeping input including invoices, payments and JVs on ERP. Maintaining accurate books and records.
- Upload transactions/payments on the bank platforms
- Ensuring compliance with tax regulations and laws (prompt tax filing and timely remittance) alongside our tax consultants.
- Ensure that employees are strictly adhering to the accounting and administrative control procedures in all their activities. Check that control mechanism like authorization matrix and mandates are followed on requests.
- Provide Accounting support to projects in the organization (e.g. Sustainability)
- Provide necessary reconciliations and support during statutory audits, tax audits and other related activities.
- Ensure clean Balance Sheet by analyzing and preparing monthly Balance Sheet schedules (Review by Financial Controller and Submitted to Country Finance Manager for discussions)
- Assist with filing and remittance of payroll related statutory payments (NHF, PAYE, NSITF, ITF etc.)
- Review bank reconciliations on a weekly basis. Prepare a cash flow forecast on the basis of the Cash/Bank positions prepared by the Accounting Support
- Any other tasks may be assigned by the direct manager.
Required Academic & Technical Qualifications
- BSc in Accounting, Finance or relevant degree
- ACA or ACCA or CIMA certified
- 3 to 4 years of relevant working experience
- Experience with general ledger functions
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Additional Considerations or Comments:
- Very “hands-on”
- Big on integrity
- Ability to work in a matrix environment
- Ability to work in a team
Marketing the Role:
- Stable employment in an international organization
- A collaborative atmosphere with like-minded individuals who are passionate about cocoa and chocolate.
- The ability to grow your career within an organization that values development and internal career growth.
Essential Experience / Knowledge:
- 3 to 4 years of work experience in Finance/Management Accounts (multinational experience being a plus)
- Knowledge of soft commodities and the cocoa industry is a plus.
- Strong Analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Certified Chartered Accountant (or at Professional level for ICAN/ACCA or Management level for CIMA).
Technical / Functional Competencies:
- Corporate Finance
- Reporting Skills
- Data Entry Management
- General Math Skills.
Interpersonal / Leadership Competencies:
- Attention to detail
- Deadline Oriented
- Time Management
- Communication skills.
- People-Oriented/Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to balance competing priorities
- Professionalism & consistency in delivering targets
- Problem-solving skills.
Method of application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online