PowerGen Renewable Energy is a micro-grid developer and Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) company for Commercial and Industrial (C&I) solar projects in Africa. PowerGen is creating an African energy system that utilizes clean, renewable energy and smarter grids to deliver power to all.
We uniquely combine our mission – to build Africa’s future energy system, while improving lives through smarter power – with technical, on-the-ground expertise and an innovative business model. We build, own and operate AC micro-grids and C&I solar projects to bring power to residential, commercial and industrial customers. With over 120 employees, a 7,500 sq. ft. workshop and headquarters in Nairobi, offices in Tanzania, Nigeria and Sierra Leone, PowerGen is building a company that is set to have an impact on the energy sector in Africa for years to come.
Job Title: Accounting Associate
Location: Maroko, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-Time
- Post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable.
- Ensure completion of all month-end and year-end close process
- Action PowerGen compliance of Filing for Taxes and other Statutory and Governmental Agencies.
- Ensure that the Cash on Hand accounts are accurate and reconciled to with ERP
- Update the Fixed Asset Register and tag assets as purchased. Ensure all Capital Purchases are processed in line with the PowerGen Finance SOP
- Ensure transactions are processed in compliance with IFRS principles
- Enforce PowerGen NGA Internal controls particularly around Cash Management, Inventory and Fixed Assets
- Ensure proper record, documentation and Filing (Physical and Virtual) of all financial records.
- Tax and regulatory compliance: Adherence to tax due dates, submission of accurate workings/information, obtain tax clearance certificate
- Employee Advances: Maintain a tracker with an explanation for all open balances by employee and send emails to employees for them to acknowledge the balances
- Quality document management (scan all invoices, receipts, tax filings and supporting documents in GDrive)
- Ensure the Nigeria entities achieve a score of >90% on the Finance control scorecards reviewed by the Finance SBU
- Support the achievement of Nigeria Audit completion and sign off by agreed due dates
- Interact and maintain positive relationships with all levels of leadership.
- Accomplish special projects and other assignments/duties as required by management.
- Compliant with all safety rules and regulations and all PowerGen Nigeria policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain high standards for quality, housekeeping and productivity.
- Other related tasks and projects as requested
You Already Have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or other related fields
- 1 to 3 years of experience in an accounting role, office administration experience is an added advantage
- A qualified member of ICAN or ACCA or Active Student
- Experience in inventory accounting and control
- Ability to recommend improved accounting methods, procedures and internal controls
- Ability to understand, interpret and apply laws, rules, regulations that affect the PowerGen Nigeria activities
- Ability to interact effectively under pressure and meet deadlines; work independently with minimal supervision.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with those contacted during carrying out your duties
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online