Domeo Resources International (DRI) is a prolific organization that proffers HR and Management Consultancy solutions premised on excellence and innovation. DRI analyses various organizational problems, develops improvement plans, deploys those plans, and monitors the plans to ensure improved organizational performance.
Job Position: Accounting Intern
Job Location: Abuja (FCT)
- Ensure the timely processing of financial documents in line with the organization’s financial policies and procedures
- Process bank transactions regarding documents of inward and outward remittances, bank reconciliation etc.
- Assist in Performing month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing activities related to cash management and tax, including preparing the appropriate audit work papers for such activities
- Assist in Preparing quarterly and annual budget for the organization
- Prepare balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other financial reports
- Assist in Analysing trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses
- Receive and process all vendor invoices for payments, verify all invoices as per finance policies
- Prepare payment analysis for all expenses and report any abnormal variances to the Senior Accountant
- Make and duly record rejections by raising debit note to vendors immediately in case of any discrepancy in records
- Ensure all sales and debit noted are settled timely
- Perform transaction reversals where necessary
- Ensure transactions, supporting schedules and accounting papers for policies and conventions are maintained in accordance with FIRS
- Maintain records of organization’s financial activity
- Assist in developing reports on financial performance for internal and external use
- Assist in Preparing bank accounts and balance sheet accounts monthly reconciliation/schedules
- Ensure all payments are made on time with no penalties
- Assist in Preparing and maintaining record of all financial contracts and transactions
- Highlight any system or procedural issues that may impede the reconciliation/reporting process
- Continuously improve financial accounting integrity and efficiency through the review of existing policies, procedures and controls as required
- Perform other duties as maybe required
- Minimum BSc. Accounting or its equivalent.
- Current serving NYSC member.
- Experience in the use of Accounting Software
- High level of proficiency in the use of spreadsheets
- Advanced knowledge of contracts, local laws and regulations such as VAT, tax, payroll, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Behavioural Competencies:
- Ability to prioritize work
- Exceptional numerical skills
- Exceptional level of integrity
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail
3rd October, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Accountant “as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.