Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Everyday, approximately 286,200 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to making an impact that matters. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across Nigeria and Ghana.
Job Position: Risk Advisory Officer – Accounting & Internal Controls
Job Location: Lagos
- The Accounting & Internal Controls unit of Risk Advisory, seeks to hire experienced candidates with experience in Internal Audit and Control, Risk Management, Corporate Governance, Regulatory Compliance Review.
- Review key business and governance processes, internal controls assessment and strong analytical and problem-solving skills that are appropriately applied to client engagements and other tasks.
- Focus primarily on the delivery of client work that will successfully fulfil and exceed client expectations and deliver engagement and programme objectives.
- Work with and lead teams in providing Internal Audit, Internal Control, Enterprise Risk Management, Corporate Governance, and Regulatory Compliance engagements services to clients.
- Manage communication within project teams and with client stakeholders, maintaining and developing relationships at appropriate levels.
- Assisting with appropriate supervision activities and managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognized for their contribution.
- Maintain and improve existing service offerings and contribute to the development of new services that anticipate and meet future client needs.
- Identify risks and compensating controls in business process reviews and advise relevant initiatives to improve people, process and technology for overall optimal operational performance.
- Lead test of design and operating effectiveness of controls.
- Preparation of engagement reports with value adding recommendations.
- A Bachelor’s Degree / HND with a minimum of a Second Class Upper / Upper Credit in Accounting, Banking & Finance, Sciences, Social Sciences, Information Technology, Insurance, Economics or Law.
- Relevant professional training and/or qualifications such as ICAN, ACCA, ICSAN, CIA, etc. are an advantage.
- Have a minimum of credit in five (5) WASSCE/GCE/NECO Ordinary Level subjects or acceptable equivalent examination, including Mathematics and English Language in one sitting only.
- 2 to 5 years or more work experience with either industry or within a consulting environment and demonstrated passion for personal development.
- Demonstrable understanding of Risk Management, Internal Controls, Internal Audit and Corporate Governance services with a desire to become expert in this area.
- Maintains minimal to zero technical error in review of documentation and reporting of field activities
- Be a good team player, self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to meet established deadlines and adapt to new situations
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks, prioritize workloads and pay attention to details
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality as the role involves dealing with client information and trade secrets
- Hands on experience of a wide range of methodologies and project types including business functions quality assessments, process reviews and improvement roadmap recommendations.
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills with the ability to work equally effectively as part of a team or individually on your own initiative.
- Excellent written and verbal communication. Proven stakeholder management skills and the ability to adjust style and approach for different audiences.
- High-level of proficiency with Microsoft Visio and MS-Office tools – expertise in the analysis and presentation of engagement reports.
- Experience of managing and guiding the development of less experienced staff.
- A strategic thinker with an eye for new client offerings or internal improvements and experience of supporting business development activities.
- A flexible, can-do approach and positive mind-set. You enjoy working as part of diverse teams to overcome challenges and exceed client expectations.
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail with the proven ability to maintain professional standards in the face of challenging deadlines.
- Professional manner and high level of personal accountability allied with high standards of client care, confidentiality and integrity.
What Impact Will You Make?
- Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration, and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you will find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
How You Will Grow:
- At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day.
- From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn.
- We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
- At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident.
- To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do a research to know some background about our firm and the business area you are applying to.