The Straight Child Foundation is a non-profit, non-political, human development organization born out of a strong desire to care for the youth particularly persons with disabilities.
Job Position: Accounting Officer
Location: Umuahia, Abia State
- Review of financial documents for accuracy, reliability, and completeness.
- Recording and filing of transactions documents.
- Ensuring compliance with general accounting principles and regulatory requirements.
- Budget development and monitoring.
- Timely preparation of reports.
- Managing all assets of the organization.
- Provision of financial support to management and other staff
- Preparation for and participation in the organisation’s financial audits
- Other functions as required
- HND / B.Sc in Accounting, Economics or Business Administration. Membership of a professional body is an advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years accounting experience preferably in a funded project.
- Sound knowledge of accounting principles & standards and Nigerian tax laws
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
- Practical knowledge of professional accounting packages.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
15th October, 2021