EHA Clinics, a subsidiary of eHealth Africa, is a health care network operating across Nigeria that provides high-quality, innovative, data-driven, and technology-enabled services. EHA Clinics delivers a comprehensive range of state of the art health care services in each location, e.g., general consultations, laboratory investigations, pharmaceuticals, annual medical checks, child wellness checks, ultrasonography, and specialized services (urgent care, telemedicine, home care, dental care, and ophthalmology).
Job Title: Accounts and Billing Officer
Location: Abuja or Kano (Some travel may be required for meetings and other ad hoc activities)
Department: Finance, EHA Clinics
Division: EHA Clinics
Reports to: Senior Accountant
Summary of Job
- The Accounts and Billing Officer is responsible for all aspects of financial management of the clinic’s projects and day-to-day activities, ensuring compliance with the organization’s policies and procedures as well as the parent organization’s regulations.
- The Accounts and Billing Officer will also design the yearly budget and plan for the organization, under the supervision of the Chief Finance Officer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this role successfully, the Accounts and Billing Officer will perform the following responsibilities in relation to all clinics which will include but are not limited to:
- Creating and processing invoices.
- Cross-checking invoices with payments and expenses to ensure accuracy.
- Managing a company’s accounts payable and receivable.
- Sending bills and invoices to clients.
- Tracking organization expenses.
- Processing refunds.
- Working with collection agencies on overdue payments.
- Communicating with clients regarding billing and payments.
- Maintain banking relations, plan and monitor company cash flow requirements to ensure the smooth running of the clinics.
- Prepare monthly standard accounting submissions to the Management, for review by the Finance and Administration Manager, including general ledger files, account reconciliations, expenditures by cost center/project, as well as other financial information in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manage financial data to discover outstanding invoices.
- Collect and sort all invoice, credit, bill, and order statements.
- Enter all relevant data into accounting software.
- Draft invoice statements for customers and vendors.
- Utilize electronic, standard, and certified mail services to deliver invoices.
- Process payment through various channels.
- Issue reminder and final notice statements to dilatory and delinquent.
- Record and update all payment in accounting software.
Job Qualifications & Training
- Bachelor’s Degree / B.COM / or equivalent in accounting or finance is required.
- Advanced knowledge of Accounting ERP packages.
- A minimum of five years of progressive financial management experience is required.
- Professional qualification in accountancy such as CFP, ANAN, ACCA, ICAN is an added advantage.
- A minimum of three years of experience from a healthcare organization is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and skills with budget preparation and analysis, financial reporting preparation and presentation, and the proven ability to translate technical financial data into informative reports.
- Strong accounting skills and experience, including the management of general ledger, journal entries, payroll, payables, and balance sheet.
- Advanced computer skills in Google Suite programs, particularly Google Sheet.
- Prior staff supervisory experience and strong organizational skills are desired.
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
- Previous knowledge of Odoo will be an advantage.
- S/he will be required to have had related and progressive experience in healthcare human capital management.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business finance & accounting or related field.
- Advance accounting (preferred).
- 5 years of experience as a Billing Officer in a hospital or related field.
- Excellent customer service experience is a requirement.
- Adheres to laws and confidentiality guidelines.
- Proficiency in Google Suite especially Google Sheet, with a working knowledge of Odoo.
- Excellent Math and computation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to be polite and compassionate without lacking confidence.
- Sound negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Leadership and teamwork.
- Time management and organization.
- Competitive salary scale based on surveys from top private hospitals in Nigeria.
- Salary is negotiable but performance-based.
The following benefits are available with this offer of employment:
- Health Insurance: EHA Clinics will cover medical expenses for yourself, your spouse, and up to two dependents. Further details are contained in the Nigeria Addendum to the EHA Clinics Employee Handbook.
- Group Life Assurance: EHA Clinics provides life insurance for you as our employee. This insurance is payable in the event of your death. The effective date of coverage will be upon successful completion of your probationary period.
- Group & Personal Accident: EHA Clinics provides Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (ADD) for you as our employee. AD&D covers death by accidental means (rather than natural causes) and dismemberment. The effective date of coverage is your hire date.
- Pension: EHA Clinics supports employee retirement preparation and investment by paying a 10% pension contribution on top of the statutory pension contribution of 8% that is already factored into your salary.
- Annual Leave: You are entitled to 21 days paid annual leave accrued at 1.75 days/month. Employees may begin scheduling leave with their direct supervisor upon successful completion of their probationary period.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online