Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
- The “Extending women’s leadership in maternal health for improved TB detection and management in Sokoto state” program is an 18-month gender-transformative initiative aimed at improving detection, treatment and reporting of Tuberculosis among the marginalized and vulnerable women, adolescent girls and children in households of Sokoto state of Nigeria. The project is aligned with the UN’s Every Woman Every Child global strategy and will help to drive progress towards reaching targets within Sustainable Development Goals 3 and 5. The project is being implemented with funding from Stop TB reach and in collaboration with Plan International Canada.
- The project will be implemented by Plan International Nigeria in Sokoto state in collaboration with the Sokoto State Ministry of Health, Sokoto state TB and Leprosy Control Program, local CSO partners and other relevant national and local stakeholders.
- The purpose of this role is to provide administrative and logistical support for the project in line with policies of Plan International Nigeria, donor requirements and Nigerian laws.
Dimension of Role:
- The post holder will support effective administration and logistics coordination for the TB REACH project in Sokoto state.
- Provide day-to-day support to staff in general office operations and identify future needs
- Ensure timely welcome services, hotel and flights bookings and other support services for staff and visitors
- Coordinate and management movement register for all staff and visitors on the project in Sokoto state
- Effective management of the office operations
- Prepare and file documents for signature and/or action, as necessary and ensure that that proper filing systems are in place for the office
- Coordinates the planning and organization of meetings and workshops
- Arrange for the repair and maintenance of office equipment and machinery to ensure that staff works effectively without any disruptions.
- Ensures that the SAP system is used to capture all necessary activities as required.
- Establish and maintain a well-functioning logistics support operation for the office – effective coordination and use of vehicles
- Coordinate logistics and procurement operations – Selection of vendors/suppliers and sending RFQs
- Prepares and Maintain records of all outstanding purchase orders with external vendors and arranges transportation and forwarding services for all orders to ensure delivery on schedule
- Prepare reports on personnel and material movement and ensure that reporting requirements are fulfilled in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure compliance with Plan International logistics standards and regulations
- Take minutes of staff and management meetings
- Ensure appropriate request for quotation is placed and correct quotations received for processing
- Responsible for purchase order creation and maintenance in SAP
- Store Management using specified software
- Perform any other project related duties as specified by the HR/Admin Manager and other dotted line management.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- A degree in Business / Public Administration or related field.
- At least 2 years of experience working in administration and logistics
- Experience in the use of SAP
- Fluency in English with excellent writing and speaking skills is required.
- Excellent and demonstrable experience in procurement processes and logistics management.
- Demonstrable experience in office management and staff coordination.
- Excellent writing and speaking in English language
- Knowledge and understanding of Nigeria’s policy environment
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including good listening skills, influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Capacity to build and maintain relationships and to work effectively in a multicultural and multi-ethnic environment respecting diversity.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.