Canonical – We deliver open source to the world faster, more securely, and more cost-effectively than any other company. We develop Ubuntu, the world’s most popular enterprise Linux from cloud to edge, together with a passionate global community of 200,000 contributors. Ubuntu means ‘humanity to others. We chose it because it embodies the generosity at the heart of open source, the new normal for platforms and innovation. Together with a community of 200,000, we publish an operating system that runs from the tiny connected devices up to the world’s biggest mainframes, the platform that everybody uses on the public cloud, and the workstation experience of the world’s most productive developers. Secure and reliable, elegant and intuitive, and open for innovation – Ubuntu is the future of open source, which is why it’s the fastest-growing Linux in the world despite already being the most widely deployed.
Job Position: Associate, Executive Administration (EA)
Job Location: Lagos
- We are a remote-first British tech company and are growing our executive administration and assistant team, who play a crucial role in the overall operation of the business and are the secret to our success!
- The team runs significant business operations and processes, supporting their respective leads but also taking central responsibility for logistics, expenses, travel and recruitment interview scheduling.
- We look for positive team players who are self-driven and results oriented, with excellent attention to detail.
- The best candidates can show that they are natural forward planners, are reliable and determined, and keen to assume responsibility for projects and processes.
- We are a unique global business, so we are not looking for candidates with extensive experience so much as excellent organisers and communicators who are keen to develop new skills and strive for continuous improvement.
- The Executive Administration (EA) team offers administrative support to all business units across the company, from scheduling meetings and raising purchase orders, to event planning, travel coordination and expense reviews.
- As Associate EA, we will help you develop new skills and experience, and we expect you to bring a commitment to excellence in your work.
- You will have the opportunity to learn how we run various processes, contributing as a new member to each different type of activity until you are familiar with our hole operation.
- Duties will range from general administration to assisting with global event logistics.
- You will help establish, scale, maintain and improve processes, collaborating with peers and project managing change programs.
- Support assigned teams: schedule meetings and interviews, approve expenses
- Liaise with event coordinators
- Screen and handle enquiries as appropriate
- Collaborate with EA colleagues and counterparts on cross team/cross functional activities
- Support other operations teams (HR, Finance, Legal etc.)
- Support logistics for key business activities (i.e. quarterly Town Halls and executive meetings)
- Coordinate with suppliers and stakeholders on projects, establishing workflow and process
- Undertake specific projects as required to the support the operations of the business as a whole
- Assist with management of visitors and guests to the office (if you are in the office)
What we’re looking for
- Self-driven, results oriented with a positive outlook
- Highly organised and proactive
- Excellent attention to detail
- A natural forward planner
- Able to critically assess own performance
- Reliable, tolerant and determined
- Keen to assume responsibility and accountability
- Friendly, approachable and enjoys working collaboratively
- Fearless in the face of the unexpected
- Strong values and ethics, and outspoken with considered feedback
Valued Skills and Experience:
- Working to a high standard in operational and administrative matters
- A track record of diligence, conscientiousness and speed
- Excellent communication skills
- The confidence to speak up on areas for improvement, even if unpopular
- Project and events management experience would be desirable
- Willing to travel for company events and meetings at least twice a year, for up to two weeks
- Excellent IT skills including email, internet, word processing, spreadsheets and shared documents.
What Canonical Offers
- Personal learning and development budget
- Annual compensation review
- Recognition rewards
- Annual leave
- Priority Pass for travel
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online