Pulse is Africa’s leading innovative media company, informing and engaging Africa’s young audience and producing content and creative digital marketing solutions for top brands. We run news platforms and social channels and marketing and production in four countries – Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya and Senegal.
We are the platform leading in reach – with over 100 million users and over 100 million video views on our own channels per month. We’re also a marketing partner, empowering brands with our expansive media reach and 360 degree in-house marketing solutions. Additionally, Pulse is the licensee publisher of the regional Business Insider Africa.
Job Position: Admin Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Pulse is looking for an Admin Manager who will oversee the smooth day-to-day running of the office, supervise the admin staff, and provide any other support required for the company and teams’ optimal productivity, safety, and wellbeing.
- This role will require working closely with employees, interacting with guests, contractors, and other third-party vendors, therefore great interpersonal skills are a must.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure the smooth running of the office on a day to day basis – the office environment should always make a good impression on staff and guests
- Office facilities, equipment, and resources should be well maintained and in good working condition – needed repairs should be arranged in a timely manner so that work is not interrupted and productivity is not affected
- Proactively identify issues with office operations and put in place preventative measures
- Problem solve effectively and efficiently whenever issues arise
- Assist with monthly data and call subscriptions for staff
- Ensure the correct use of office resources such as the company vehicle, Uber, and Bolt company accounts and provide monthly reporting on usage
- Identify and fulfil office supply needs, maintaining good stock levels, and keeping good records and inventories of all office equipment and assets
- Manage supplier, vendor, and contractor relationships effectively – also manage budgets and ensure cost-effectiveness for all admin-related expenditure
- Keep transparent records of expenditure in Google Sheets and back up receipts to Google Drive in well-organised folders for audit purposes
- Maintain office policies, training, and retraining staff where necessary for their proper implementation
- Manage health and safety procedures and ensure these are regularly updated and adhered to
- Supervise and monitor the work of support and maintenance staff such as drivers, cleaners, security, gardeners, etc
- Manage infrastructure planning such as moves, additions, changes to workstations, refurbishments, and provide answers, resources, and solutions as requested
- Provide other administrative support as needed, including booking travel and accommodation, mailing and shipping packages and letters, scheduling appointments, planning for meetings and events, hospitality planning for guests, etc.
- Keep management informed of performance with timely reporting
- Work with discretion and complete integrity in all matters, especially financial
- Keep up to date with all organisational changes and business developments
Job Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 1-year experience as an admin or office manager
- Experience developing and improving on internal systems and processes
- Experience using Google Workspace – especially Google Sheets and Docs
- Highly organised and able to work in a structured way
- Must be resourceful, proactive and solution-oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be friendly and have a positive attitude, even under pressure.
Joining the Pulse Team
- The Pulse team is made up of passionate individuals who go above and beyond to inform and engage our young audience with quality content – also delighting our clients and partners with their creative ability to engage these audiences.
- From the moment you join us, you will be empowered to run projects, solve problems and develop solutions that can impact our audience of millions and our clients and partners.
- You will also get to work collaboratively with a pan-African team in a fast-paced environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online