BURN is the largest vertically integrated modern cookstove company in the world, providing world-class R&D, manufacturing, and carbon offset projects from our HQ in Kenya and across 10 countries in Africa. We are working to create a world where cooking positively impacts all life on earth by producing the world’s most efficient biomass, liquid fuel, and electric cookstoves. Our team of 900 people – 51% of whom are women – is on track to produce and sell over 150,000 stoves per month in 2022 at our solar-powered facility in Kenya.
Job Position: Finance & Administration Officer – Nigeria
Job Location: Kano
- BURN is seeking a Finance and Administration Officer who will be responsible for providing financial and administrative support to the Nigeria office.
- This role entails having the expertise to administer accounting operations that ensure accurate financial systems, and will be contributing to financial planning, reporting, and implementation of best practices in financial administration.
- The successful candidate will also play an administrative role in ensuring the office aligns with company policies and compliance with relevant regulatory and legal requirements.
- We are looking for someone interested in working in a dynamic, challenging environment, for a company that recognizes and rewards creativity, initiative, and contributions.
- Support in collating data required for accounting and tax filing.
- Ensure that all documents have the relevant approvals before forwarding for payment.
- Maintain records of VAT invoices to support reporting to the revenue authority.
- Ensure all supporting documentation (including tax compliant invoices) is available and filed correctly.
- Reconciliation of accounts receivable and accounts payables.
- Reconciliation of B2C sales vs cash received and banked.
- Reconciliation of stock flow report, sales reported, and sales posted in the system.
- Ensure that cash and cheques from sales is deposited on a timely manner.
- Petty cash management.
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures.
- Assist with preparation and coordination of the audit process when necessary.
- Support with general tax, VAT and withholding tax filing.
- Identify and address discrepancies on purchase invoices and receipts shared.
- Any other tasks as requested by line manager and/or senior management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting.
- CPA or ACCA finalist or its equivalent.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a business environment at least 3 years in finance preferably the manufacturing industry.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Qualified Female Candidates encouraged to Apply
- BURN does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training, or any other fees).