Nile University of Nigeria is a fast-growing private higher education institution located in Abuja. The University was founded in 2009 and is a member institution of Honoris United Universities, the first and largest Pan African network of Higher Institutions. Nile University has over 6,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students, 38 undergraduate programs across six faculties, as well as 51 postgraduate programs across six faculties.
Job Position: Administrative Assistant
Job Location: Jabi, Abuja (FCT)
- Provides administrative support to a department or office by providing reception services, scheduling appointments, meetings, and travel, as well as filing research and records.
- Prepares and proofreads correspondence, reports, and other documents as requested.
- Helps the department to achieve its mission by performing processes related with the work of the department.
- Helps to organize and conduct departmental events, as directed, by securing space, equipment, food, preparing invitations, announcements, agendas, brochures, and packets, purchasing awards, making travel arrangements and reservations, and assisting with the event as it occurs.
- Assists faculty by answering questions and providing information, locating desired information and materials, typing, collating, or otherwise assisting in test preparation, preparing and/or proofreading manuscripts, correspondence, and other material, obtaining desk copies of textbooks, making travel arrangements, and preparing expense reports.
- Assists students by determining who can best provide the information needed by the student, providing basic and initial assistance to students with questions about classes, registration, permissions, etc. using established guidelines (information in course catalogues, departmental and college documents, and established policies and procedures), and assigning advisors.
- Supports the administrative business functions of the faculty/department by Composing and preparing correspondence, memoranda, minutes, confidential materials, statistical spreadsheets, financials, and reports from oral and written instruction; maintains a variety of files and records.
- Prepares a variety of complex support materials including surveys, forms, charts, computerized presentations, and brochures; prepares agenda items for meetings; records, prepares and distributes minutes; maintains records; may facilitate meetings in absence of supervisor or coordinate and attend numerous fundraising/social events both on and off campus.
- Preparing personnel action forms and position authorizations as directed, verifying and processing student and part-time employee time records, scheduling the use of classrooms, faculty facilities, or meeting rooms, and maintaining the security of classrooms, labs, equipment, and records.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of general Office experience.
- Working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications is required.
- Must have a working knowledge of or the ability to learn and use database applications, the web content management system, the administrative business system or enterprise resource planning system, and other systems or applications that may be used within the University or department.
- Must know how to operate and troubleshoot electronic office equipment, computers, and peripherals.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to manage office politics and confidentiality.
- Adept use of Microsoft Office Suite.
31st May, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their current Curriculum Vitae (CV) in PDF (saved with their Full Name) & a Cover Letter explaining how they meet the advertised criteria (also in PDF) to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.