FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
Job Title: Administrative Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The Administrative Officer will be responsible for managing and coordinating office operations, supplies and support services and ensuring the public and staff areas of the office premises are kept in good order.
- S/He will ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency and the optimal use of facilities at Borno State Office.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as point of contact for logistical and administrative needs in the office.
- Coordinates all administrative and secretarial support services for the office (as relevant).
- Keeps proper office records/filings as appropriate.
- Records minutes of meetings and circulates same.
- Supports DRC to coordinate UNHAS and Commercial air travel details/logistics for staff, consultants including booking hotel accommodations and arranging for airport and hotel pick-ups. Reconciles records with service providers, prepares periodic reports and payment requests. Supports in vehicle management, fueling and maintenance.
- Supports DRC to coordinate office cleaning, stores and inventory management, supervises third party service providers such as cleaning, courier, cantering vendors, generator maintenance and operations etc.
- Supervises administrative assistants and drivers.
- Assists the DRC in the provision of logistics support for workshops and trainings.
- Coordinates all records/storage of supplies for Borno state office.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned.
Job Qualifications and Requirements
- University Degree with minimum of 3 – 5 years experience in an administrative role with increasing level of responsibility.
- Familiarity with administrative and secretarial skills is required.
- Experience with large complex organization preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Well developed computer skills, including knowledge of word processing and spreadsheets.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online