Vennote Technologies Limited is a well-established ICT company with experience spanning over two decades in enterprise solutions using best of breed products in very large IT deployments around the world. Vennote Technologies Limited has certified Skilled Technical resources delivering world class implementation and support services through the use of best practices.
Job Position: MongoDB Administrator
Job Location: Lagos
- Provision database instances
- Ensure performance, security, and availability of databases
- Prepare documentations and specifications
- Handle common database procedures, such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc
- Profile server resource usage, optimize and tweak as necessary
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- MongoDB administrator will help manage, maintain, and troubleshoot the company databases housed in MongoDB. They will create the scripts to automate routine tasks and establish backup protocols to ensure the reliability and safety of data sets. In addition, the administrator will work with the development team to create security protocols, making data integrity one of the highest priorities.
- Administrator will need to have excellent communication skills to help translate requests and shepherd through the large volume of data queries, as well as being a creative problem-solver, a motivated self-starter, and a team player. They also need to be dedicated to efficient, inventive use of MongoDB and be enthusiastic about new technologies and iterations of MongoDB.
- Primary operational support for assigned database environments, as well as backup support for other environments
- Responsible for database and system performance, including database monitoring, problem analysis, and tuning activities to ensure optimum database performance
- After-hours support for application release and change management activities
- Participate in on-call rotation and respond to critical database incidents
- Work with application development groups and system administrators to determine the best storage, access, and distribution methods for data
- Participate as a project team member providing vital information regarding database tools, structure, physical design and implementation
- Experience in Configure, manage and troubleshoot MongoDB Shared cluster
- Good troubleshooting skills on performance issues, replication issues, or operational issues like alerts alert log, jobs, disk group, etc
- Good understanding of DB schema design, performance tuning and capacity planning
- Experienced in upgrades of MongoDB, database migrations and patching
- Knowledge in Optimizing query performance
- Good Analytical and Communication Skill
- 4+ years of experience in no-sql area
- Experience in creating data models using BigTable type No-SQL (Cassandra, HBase etc) modeling techniques,
- Experience in porting relational data models into any BigTable type No-SQL data models,
- Hands-on experience in performance tuning Cassandra ring,
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Cassandra, Opscenter
- Hands-on experience in serialization APIs like Thrift and Hector.
- Exposure to Big Data technologies like Hadoop.
- Exposure to how Map-Reduce/Hive/Pig jobs can run on Cassandra.
- Experience with Unix/Linux including basic commands and shell scripting.
- Good working knowledge of DB performing monitoring tools.
- Experience with RDBMS is a plus. RDBMS such as Oracle, MySql, PostgreSQL and use of Hibernate, ORMs and/or jdbc.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using “MongoDB Admin” as the subject of the mail.