St. Mary Dedication British International High Schools is a renowned educational institution known for its academic excellence and morally upright students. St Mary Dedication British international school challenges students to develop what is finest in themselves and others, for others and themselves. We are committed to nurturing an intentionally diverse, and inclusive community that encourages students and adults to inspire and respect one another.
At St Mary Dedication British Internation school our guiding principle is Education for Light, Through Knowledge. Our aim is to provide a richness of opportunity for our student to excel, nurture and explore their talents without limits. That is because education goes beyond exam results, its about the complete development of the child.
Job Position: Admissions Officer
Location: Benin City, Edo
- Develop innovative communication strategies, student recruitment strategies and enrolment plans in coordination with Senior Leadership team to attract and enroll more students.
- Provide support to prepare admission related presentations and host student receptions. Manage the admission process end to end; from indication of interest to advise of parent/students about the programs offered, admission procedure, eligibility and costs involved.
- Manage Admissions queries (in person, on the phone, by e-mail)
- Manages applications and student documentation, creating physical files, and entering new/updated data on the system;
- Analyse the applications of prospective students based on standard admission policies.
- Contact parents if placements are available, to confirm interest and arrange assessments; Liaise with the Exams officer to co-ordinate the entrance exams.
- Liaise with the Senior Leadership team to conduct interviews in accordance with the school’s admissions policy.
- Ensure that initial ‘benchmark’ testing Yellis & Midyis is undertaken by all incoming students.
- Prepare Acceptance Letters and contact parents if applicant is successful/unsuccessful.
- Allocating classes to the new students in consultation with VP Academics.
- Liaise with finance regarding attendance data, leavers and bank transactions;
- Provide reports and prepare other information for the Senior Leadership team, the governing body as required.
- Be present and participate in school events, and especially those where parents and visitors are present.
- Make sure all admissions documentation is current and up to date (such as application form, admission policy, admission letter, etc.).
- To carry out any other duty as may be reasonably required by SLT and the Vice Principal.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 3 years’ experience in a directly related role
- Knowledge, skills and Abilities Required.
- Knowledge of the broad spectrum of units, curricula, and use of IT systems.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals
- Ability to gather data, complete information, prepare reports and be able to develop and deliver presentations.
- Sound knowledge of student recruitment and retention issues.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with attention to detail.
- Energetic, highly self-motivated and able to work efficiently and productively. Skill in the use of computerized systems and databases.
- Ability to design and write promotional materials will be an advantage
- Professional disposition and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Result oriented, target driven proactive and solution minded attitude.
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan
- Opportunity for growth.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online