The Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) in partnership with the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) of the United Nations is desirous of using part of the Credit to engage the services of individuals for the FGN / IFAD-VCDP (VCDP AF1) for the management and implementation of the programme in the nine (9) participating states of Anambra, Benue, Ebonyi, Enugu, Kogi, Nassrawa, Taraba, Niger, and Ogun.
- Job Position: Agriculture Officer
- Job Location: Abuja
- Report: Directly to the Agricultural Production Advisor.
Details of the Contract
- Two-year contract, renewable based on satisfactory performance acceptable to FGN and IFAD.
- The Agricultural Officer (AO) will work under the direct supervision of the Agricultural Production Advisor (APA)
- The Agriculture Officer will be assisting the Agricultural Production Advisor in the overall management of the activities related to productivity improvement of smallholder farmers, in close collaboration with the State Agricultural Production Officer.
- Work directly under the Agricultural Production Advisor (APA) with the Extension Service providers in training farmers in various aspects of crop varieties, agronomic practices, climate resilience, post-harvest and market orientation technologies.
- Assist in promoting and disseminating sustainable Agricultural practices through the Farmer Field Business School (FFBS) approach and on-the-spot extension visits under the guidance and Coordination of the APA. Assist the Programme’s Community seed producers to establish seed multiplication systems comprising farms and seed cleaning and conditioning centres (Seed- laboratories).
- Assist in setting up the overall distribution scheme of certified seeds/stems of improved varieties, fertilizers and herbicides as well as of equipment at State and LGA levels.
- Assist in the collation of State progress reports and contribute to the drafting of periodic project progress reports with the Agricultural Production Advisor (APA).
- Provide guidance to NGO/Service providers hired to implement the activities.
- Oversee the overall process of selection of target Farmers Organizations and beneficiaries in close collaboration with the Rural Institutions and Gender Mainstreaming Officer.
- Carry out any other functions assigned him/her by the Agricultural Production Advisor (APA).
- First Degree in Agricultural Science, Agricultural Production, Agronomy, Crop Science, Horticulture.
- A minimum of 5 years post-qualification experience in addition to at least years in the implementation of productivity enhancement projects using participatory approaches in Extension services and gender mainstreaming.
- Proven experience and record in the field of project implementation of productivity projects.
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English language. Must be computer literate and conversant with the use of simple computer packages.
- Good knowledge/experience of rural development challenges and dynamics.
- Note: Qualified and experienced women are encouraged to apply.
12Noon; 4th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Expression of Interest (EOI) in 10 copies including one original and nine photocopies, properly sealed and clearly marked at the top right hand cover “Expression of Interest (EOI) for the Recruitment of Officers under FGN / IFAD-VCDP Project.” Each envelope should indude a CV and an application letter with cover letter suited for the position being applied for. The sealed envelope should be addressed and delivered to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development,
C / O Director, Projects Coordinating Unit (PCU),
No.1, Eldoret Close, Off Aininu Kano Crescent,
Wuse II – Abuja.