The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
Job Position: Air Operations (AirOps) Officer II
Job Location: Abuja
- Receive / filter and respond to messages regarding flight bookings for fixed wings and UNHAS, including and sharing with concerned units/departments. Respond to visitor’s enquiries as required.
- Ensuring all ATRs are booked timely and accurately with the correct passenger information, luggage booked and routing on AOMS3 for timely flight planning. Book passengers and cargo on UNHAS when required.
- Establish and distribute flight manifest as required and respecting set timelines and ensuring that all passengers and cargo booked for fixed wings are captured in the final manifest
- Perform check-in as per ICRC Procedures and ensure on time departure from office to airport.
- Brief all passengers and concerned ICRC units about ICRC AirOps guidelines and procedures.
- Co-ordinate with the logistics/fleet for the transport of passengers and cargo to and from the airport
- Provide guidance and assistance to passengers and non-AirOps ICRC staff; assist with loading and offloading of passengers’ personal effects and cargo when needed.
- Follow-up security reports, weather trends, obtain and provide to crew and AirOps team required METAR-TAF as well as all required operational information, to allow safe flight planning and dispatch.
- The day of the flight perform flight following to monitor the position of the aircraft, react to operational issues and communicate to all involved focal points and suppliers (fuel, handling, etc).
- Act as the local liaison person for the ICRC for relations with UNHAS and MSF in Nigeria.
- Coordinates as necessary with other services at the airport, such as intelligence officials, airport authorities, security personnel and humanitarian officers.
- Coordinates the movement of passengers, luggage, cargo, and diplomatic mail through the airport, and processes them through customs and immigration.
- As main focal point for UNHAS in Nigeria, ensuring that information such ATRs and tickets of passengers booked on UNHAS are documented for proper accounting purposes and in compliance with finance requirements for settling of UNHAS account payments on monthly basis
- When required, issue field assessment reports for RED768 destinations, and participate to ramp, aircraft and spare part maintenance, and any other inspections with AOM
- As IATA DGR Cat 6 certified personnel, fill, issue and distribute Dangerous Goods documentation for any shipment of DGR scheduled to fly on RED768
- As required, ensure that all DGR intended to fly on RED768 are packed and marked as per IATA regulations
- University Degree in Aviation Management and/or combination of education, professional training, certification in air transport, and experience in air transportation related occupation required.
- A minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible flight operations work experience with an Airline, Flight Briefing Office, Ground Handling Company or Airport Operator. Professional experience in a field related to air transportation.
- Previous experience with a Humanitarian agency would be an added advantage.
- Additional vocational training in logistics or aviation an asset.
- Advanced level in computer skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) including working knowledge of Flight planning systems.
- General knowledge of the Aviation industry and technical aviation terminology.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Driving license.
- Succeed in ICRC driving test.
26th August, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae, Application letter and NYSC Certificate to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org clearly indicating “ABJ202200320 AirOps Officer 2 ABJ” as the subject of their application.
- Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated.
- In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Equal opportunities shall be provided to all employees and applicants for employment based on their demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination based on race, colour, religion, sex, nationality, status, disability etc.
- Late application will not be considered
- (Female candidates are encouraged to apply)