CrossBoundary Energy (CBE) is the leading provider of clean, renewable, reliable, and affordable electricity directly to businesses. According to World Bank data, access to reliable and affordable electricity is the most significant constraint on economic growth on the continent. CBE addresses this challenge by providing corporates with fully financed renewable power. Through this approach, we are building a disruptive, distributed, renewable utility that can unlock sustainable growth.
We are already making rapid progress towards our vision. CBE is currently delivering a portfolio of over $200M of solar, wind, and storage projects for businesses across Africa. Our clients include Actis, Diageo, Heineken, Rio Tinto, Syrah Resources, Unilever, and other leading regional companies.
Job Position: Analyst
Job Location: Lagos
- We are recruiting a full-time Analyst to join the Investment Advisory team in Lagos, Nigeria. As a member of the transaction team, you will be working on impactful transactions across Anglophone West Africa, in addition to building CrossBoundary’s long-term presence in the region.
- As an Analyst, you will be tasked with evaluating investment opportunities, conducting macroeconomic market assessments, and providing transaction support to both investors and capital seekers. Analyst candidates should have 1-3 years of experience working in high-calibre finance or consulting organizations and experience working in developing countries – ideally in Nigeria. Expertise in project finance, renewable energy, agriculture, healthcare, creative industries and gender-lens investments will be regarded favourably.
- Prepare investor documents including teasers, investment memoranda, business plans etc.
- Conduct research and market assessments – macroeconomic, regulatory, and operational assessments of relevant companies, industries, markets and topics
- Provide sector analysis of priority areas for investment
- Investor sourcing
- Lead identification of qualified investors
- Manage investor relationships
- Develop valuation and operational financial models
- Coordinate due diligence and transaction execution
- Support with Monitoring and Evaluation activities
- Support organization of conferences and other networking events.
- Strong quantitative skills and finance background; familiar with company evaluation and valuation
- Excellent analytical ability and discipline; ability to think clearly, structure problems logically, and then design and implement solutions that focus on the core issues
- Ability to build strong relationships with partners and colleagues in challenging environments
- Excellent presentation skills with an ability to communicate clearly and effectively with diverse audiences
- Self-starter who is passionate about creating lasting change in frontier markets
- Comfort with ambiguity; ability to operate effectively in a changing context
- Willingness to work and live in a sometimes challenging environment
- Knowledge of the West African investment landscape (or previous work experience in West Africa)
- Experience working with a range of stakeholders (including private equity firms, Development Finance Institutions, and development agencies) to support investments in high-impact sectors.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online