The People Practice – Our client is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Android Developer
Job Location: Lagos
- Our client is looking to hire an Android Developer responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices.
- Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services.
- You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure.
- Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code.
- Design, build and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application.
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or related field
- 3-8 years of Basic Android Application development in a financial instituition is preffered.
- Has an understanding on Android system and OS.
- Knowledge Programming & Scripting Languages Core Java, Java, Shell Scripting
- Knowledge of Operating Systems Linux, Windows, Android
- Development Tools and Databases Android Studio, SQLite
- SCM and Issue Tracking tools Perforce, GIT, JIRA.
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services.
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”.
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.’
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Kotlin, Java
- Important libraries include Dagger and Realm.
- MVP Clean Architecture
- Must be a critical and analytical problem solver.
- Must be self-driven, self-motivated, and result oriented.
- Must have excellent spoken and written communication.
- Must have excellent time skills – showing an ability to organize, prioritize, and balance multiple projects.
- Must be a great team-player.
- Must have knowledge of internal and “best practice” principles of software engineering/SDLC.
- Must have good Analytical, Communication and Negotiation skills for interacting with 3rd Party Vendors, Other R&D teams, Testers, and stakeholders across the globe.
- Must have a good understanding of Web & its technologies.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online