CrowdForce is building Africa’s Largest offline distribution network. We enable businesses, FMCGs, Government and NGOs collect reliable market data through extensive agent network.
Job Position: Senior Android POS Engineer
Job Location: Abuja
- The Android POS Engineer is responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices. Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services.
- You will be working along-side other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure.
- Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
- You should have experience in developing information systems by studying operations; designing, developing, and deploying software solutions; you will join a team of developers responsible for building and supporting existing applications.
The Stack we are interested in includes:
- Native Android SDK and Android Architectural Components
- Translate technical requirement specifications into high quality code
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Keep up to date on the best technological innovations in the field and be ready to apply relevant innovations to our software systems.
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users;
- Collaborate with team to brainstorm and create products
- Make informed decisions quickly and taking ownership of services and applications at scale
- Work collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals
- Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Engineering.
- 4-7 years of industry experience
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to work with great minds.
- Being part of a small, super-dedicated group of very skilled and fun people.
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- Health Insurance
- Professional Development stipend
- People Life event package
- Monthly Internet stipend
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online