FINCA is a leading international Microfinance Institution offering financial services and products to small scale businesses that have been turned down by traditional banks, so that these businesses can start, grow, and diversify with resulting increases in family income, nutrition, employment and well-being.
FINCA pioneered the “Village Banking method of credit delivery, now used by hundreds of organizations worldwide. Our programs reach low-income people in more diverse countries than any other microfinance provider.
- FINCA Nigeria seeks to employ an experienced individual as Applications Support Officer. The Applications Support Officer is responsible for providing support to the core Banking Applications- ORBIT R and related applications and interfaces such us BREFT Switch, POS, Aruti and other third party systems.
- The officer will interface with the Business in relation to new products setup on the core banking application.
- The job holder is responsible for new branch applications setup; resolution of all application functional issues raised by the business; works closely with regional reporting team to ensure business reports are available and must ensure that all users are supported and can effectively use the core banking systems and applications for the purpose of their working needs.
- The position holder must work closely with the key functions to understand and meet the needs in support of FINCA Nigeria’s overall Business strategy.
KPI/Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as first-line support for all application issues.
- Document all operational procedures and keep the departmental operating instructions updated at all times.
- Maintain a Knowledge base of all known application issues.
- Define and document User Acceptance Test (UAT) case scenarios/ plan for application fixes in liaison with business function and ensure all application changes are change managed.
- Fully Support the business with the application parameters maintenances adhering to the parameterization change process, Calenderer maintenance EOD/ EOM/ EOY/SOD processing
- Amend data anomalies resulting from system malfunction and service requests upon necessary authorization and change management.
- Provide guidance to the business functions in identification of needs and definition of requirements.
- Provide support in Project management, Business case development, analysis design staged of system implementations.
- Identify and resolve operational problems
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses problems.
- Implement security standards(access controls, segregation of duties, usage and exception monitoring)
- Monitors and supports alternative delivery channels performance such as BREFT switch and ensure agreed upon uptime is achieved.
Job Qualifications and Experience
- First degree in computer science or equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience within a technical support environment, including Database Administration, core banking applications and other software experience.
- Microsoft or related professional certification especially on MS SQL is ideal.
- Proven ability to resolve problems efficiently and effectively; Experience programming in a database query language will be an added advantage
- Previous experience as a systems administrator or Applications Supports Officer.
- Ability to recognize the competence level of the user and address each situation appropriately
- Experience working in a heavy pressure environment preferred
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Fluency required in English
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Strong technical orientation
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- High level of energy, creativity, flexibility, enthusiasm, commitment, self-confidence and initiative
- Accuracy, attention to detail and awareness of deadlines
- A hard-working self-starter with initiative, able to set own priorities
- Sharing: Contributes to a team, and recognizes and promotes the wider corporate picture.
- Ability to anticipate problems and proactively takes measures to control or minimize them.
- Understands the scope of own authority and knows when to highlight issues and seek authorization / advice from the Senior Systems Administrator