Royal HaskoningDHV is an independent consultancy which integrates 140 years of engineering expertise with digital technologies and software solutions. We are solving the complex challenges facing businesses and societies all over the world. We also support clients in their digital transformation. Our role is important in the efficient functioning of society. We design, safeguard, and maintain the built environment – from infrastructure, mobility and buildings to energy, water supplies and industrial sites.
Job Position: Architect
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Responsible for the overall plan and design of architectural drawings.
- Ability to design, plan, and supervise the construction of buildings with responsibility for its safety, usefulness, and aesthetics.
- Ability to design structures that satisfy clients’ needs while conforming to the laws and regulations of Nigeria.
- Ability to create preliminary sketches of building structures including inside appearance, using computer-assisted design and drafting (CADD) software.
- Ability to prepare more detailed plans showing all building components including internal and external services using computer-assisted design and drafting (CADD) software.
- Ability to oversee and approve construction works as it progresses.
- Extensive knowledge of design and construction coupled with creative ability
- Plan layout of project
- Ability to prepare information regarding design, structure specifications, materials, color, and equipment estimated costs, and construction time.
- Consult with Client to determine functional and spatial requirements of structure
- Direct activities of engineers and junior architects engaged in preparing drawings and specification documents
- Knowledge and ability to work with International standards
- Experience in supervision under FIDIC or comparable works contracts
- Supervising finishing works, such as painting, tiling, partitioning. etc.
- Specific experience with Industrial projects (factories, warehouses, distribution halls and related).
- Experience with Master planning
- Experience with sustainable design and proven technology solutions
- Extensive knowledge of materials
- Bachelor’s Degree or HND in Architectural discipline
- Experience level: Minimum of 10 years experience.
- Knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD 3D, etc.
- The role requires frequent interaction with different levels of professionals and stakeholders on a high profile project, therefore the candidate must have strong oral, written and interpersonal communication abilities.
- Member of the Architect Registration Council of Nigeria (ARCON) will be an added advantage
Desired Behavioural Competencies:
- Possess initiative to see all assignments and projects through to completion.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently and in a team
- Good communication skills.
- Good listener with great attention to details.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Must be creative
What we Offer You
- At Royal HaskoningDHV we offer a great working atmosphere in which organizational and personal development take central stage. Our assessment and rewarding process will always be based on your personal competencies. You will receive a competitive salary, an excellent package of flexible terms of employment, and we offer a wide array of personal development courses.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online