GIG Logistics is a member of The GIG Group and prides itself as Nigeria’s leading logistics company. Incorporated in 2012 and headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria, GIG Logistics leverages on technology to gain a competitive advantage.
- Job Position: Area Coordinator
- Job Location: Gbagada-Lagos
- Oversee the pick-up and delivery of shipments within the area to achieve the area KPIs and business goals.
- Supports Customer Service in the incident and exception management resolution.
- Manage relationship with the Gateway on the movement of shipments within the area.
- Ensure continuous improvement processes to increase efficiencies, reduce waste, and improve performance for satisfactory customer experience in the area.
- Maintain clean and safe working conditions of the facility and equipment
- Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as all company policies/procedures
- Identify opportunities for improvement and execute action plans to increase efficiencies
- Ensure optimization of network and consolidation while arranging delivery of shipments to the final receiver.
- Creates, builds, and maintains excellent relationships with Area managers, Hub Operations Managers, and other internal functions across the region.
- Ensures prompt clearance of shipments through the airports in the area.
- Acting as a Compliance Officer to ensure absolute compliance with business policies and processes within the area.
- Follows-up shipments status in the area identifies incidents and ensures resolution of irregularities.
- Prepares daily, weekly and monthly reports for management review.
- Other duties as the exigencies of work may demand.
You will be an ideal candidate if you possess the following qualifications, attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Strong commercial acumen, preferably with 5 years experience in logistics, customer service, and/or distribution environments
- An HND or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited higher institution (a master’s degree will be an added advantage)
- Strong data analytics skills with extensive experience in managing budgets, revenue proposals, and forecasting results
- In-depth knowledge of the logistics sector
- Strong leadership skills to effectively manage and motivate the team to achieve a high level of performance and exceed targets
- Accountable and resilient
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online