The Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry is the Premier Chamber of Commerce in Nigeria. It was incorporated in 1950 as a non-profit making organization, Limited by Guarantee under the Companies Act of 1948. The primary objective of the Chamber is to promote, support or oppose legislative or other measures affecting trade, industry, commerce and agriculture as well as representing the opinion of the business community on the above matters in particular, and the economy as a whole.
Job Position: Assistant General Manager / General Manager, Finance
Job Location: Lagos
- The Foremost Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Africa (respected globally) is sourcing for a resourceful, innovative, and experienced Assistant General Manager/General Manager, Finance.
- To ensure that proper records are kept, sound financial decisions are made because of proper financial reporting to accomplish the financial objectives of the Chamber.
- Administers all activities of the department oversee the day-to-day activities of immediate subordinates to ensure smooth functioning of Departmental activities.
- Ensure proper daily management of Treasury to avoid liquidity crush.
- Prepare Budget variance analysis on or before 1oth of the month.
- Prepare working papers for the Finance and General-Purpose meeting.
- Prepare final accounts for the Finance and General-Purpose Committee before 8th of the month preceding the meeting.
- Ensure prompt resolution of External Audit matters.
- Ensure accurate mandate on all banks of the Chamber.
- Supervise all tax matters for compliance.
- Manage investment for minimal risk with optimal returns.
- Manage accounting and ERP requirements.
- Manage the Chamber’s relationships with external parties.
- Education: Bachelor of Science Degree or its equivalence in Finance. Master’s degree (required). The prospective candidate must have relevant professional certifications such as ICAN or ACCA.
- Experience: Minimum of 13 – 15 years working experience in Finance, preferably at a senior position such as the Head of Finance for four to six years. He or she must have worked as a Senior Finance Manager for at least 3 years or in the capacity of a Principal Finance Manager.
- Communication Skills: Excellent Communication skills (both in written and in verbal form).
- Ms Office: A candidate for the position must be highly proficient in the use of Ms Word, Ms Excel, and PowerPoint and accounting software.
- Accounting Principles: A good understanding of the accounting principles and sound knowledge of IFRS.
- High degree of integrity and transparency.
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills.
- Leadership/People Skills: Ability to demonstrate strong leadership qualities where he or she shows an ability to influence Team members, engage relevant stakeholders, target and manage members.
13th October, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume and Application Letter electronically to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- The Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate in the recruitment terms, conditions, or benefits of employment on account of race, tribe or ethnicity, age, religion, color, disability, gender, marital status. national origin, physical, beliefs or religion or any other discriminatory grounds.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.