Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard–earned reputation for excellent business practices and products quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
- Job Position: Assistant General Manager (Community Relations) Cement Industry
- Job ID: GbokoCommunity Relations001
- Job Location: Gboko, Benue
- Job Type: Full time
- Category: DCP – Sustainability
- Department: Special Duties / Social Performance
- Reports To: Plant Director
- Negotiation Skills. Good understanding of the Host Communities, Basic Knowledge about Stakeholder Management Skills, Community Needs Assessment, must be computer literate with an understanding of the basic office application packages like; MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint etc.
- To manage the relationship between the company & the immediate communities on day to day basis to ensure peace and harmony always.
- To intervene at first instance on any conflict arising from any part of the host communities and report promptly to management for necessary support with a view to forestall any breakdown of law & order.
- To represent the company in all community-related meeting / s that has relevance to company operations and report to management for required actions.
- To promptly report to management for appropriate action all suspicious issues from any part of the host communities that may hamper or destabilize any aspect of the company’s operations.
- Process the Quarterly Traditional Rulers Stipends for payment.
- To liaise with community Leaders / Traditional Rulers and constantly educate them on the corporate objectives of the company from time to time.
- To prepare the annual Seasonal gifts for Traditional rulers and Community Leaders & harmonize with the list of Government officials’ gifts prepared by the office of Head of HAM & Administration.
- To organize seminars / s as occasion may warrant to educate members of different host communities on the business benefits of the company to them and the state at large.
- Liaison with governments and other regulatory stakeholders.
- Relating with the media.
- Assist in implementing Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Initiatives.
- To carry out any other assignment that may be directed by Plant Management.
- To maintain absolute peaceful co-existence between the host communities and the Plant on a daily basis.
- Managing conflicts arising between the Plant and the immediate host communities as well as the larger Benue Community.
- Continuously enlightening youths/elders of the communities on the need for a cordial business relationship with the Plant so as to ensure the Plant does not lose its properties (material or human) through willful damage by individuals and/or groups in the host communities.
- To liaise with some government agencies from time to time when the need arises.
Education and Work Experience:
- BA, B. SC, M.SC in Humanities / Social Sciences etc
- 22 – 25 years working experience with reputable organization(s).
Skills and Competencies
- Must be computer literate in key Office application packages e.g MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online