Sigma Consulting is one of the fast-growing Nigeria’s management & healthcare consulting firms. We work with top executives to help them make better decisions, convert those decisions to actions, and deliver the sustainable success they desire. For more than 5 years, we’ve been passionate about achieving better results for our clients, results that go beyond financials and are uniquely tailored, pragmatic, holistic, sustainable, and clients oriented.
Sigma has more than 41 consultants in major industries and provides services in 3 countries.
- Job Position: Assistant Laboratory Scientist
- Job Location: Lagos
- Prepare standard volumetric solutions or reagents to be combined with specimens
- Manage and operate laboratory equipment.
- Collect and analyze body fluids, tissue, and other substances to determine normal or abnormal findings.
- Evaluate test results and prepare reports for physicians
- Maintain laboratory quality assurance and safety standards
- Identifies and communicates abnormal results by alerting supervisory personnel, the patient-physician, or the nurse.
- Ensures the patient receiving compatible blood/blood components by completing blood typing, antibody screening, compatibility testing, and antibody identification procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Science, Microbiology or other related fields
- Relevant Master’s Degree and belonging to a relevant professional body will give an added advantage
- Minimum of two years of hands-on experience as a laboratory scientist
- Possess relevant professional qualifications in their chosen field.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in using the Microsoft Office Suite at the minimum
- Patience and dependable
- Accuracy and precision
- Manual and finger dexterity with the ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Good hand-eye coordination and good eyesight
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Good judgment and decision making skills
- Good listening and communication skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Ability to keep the information confidential
- The ability to concentrate for long periods of time
- Knowledge of clinical laboratory procedures and clinical microbiology
- Knowledge of the use and operation of laboratory equipment such as microscopes and cell counters.
N80,000 / month.
2nd February 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: [email protected] using “Assistant Laboratory Scientist” as the subject of the email.