First Rivers Hospital Limited is located at 7/9 Old Aba Road, Rumuomasi / 250 Aba Express way Port Harcourt, with modern equipment. We are committed to the provision of compelling quality timeless medical services to our patients. Our objective is to maximally exploit medical sciences in the art of health management and preservation of life with regards to The Ultimate Intelligence.
Job Position: Assistant Matron
Job Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- The Assistant Matron (AM) role exists to assist in supervising nursing staff assigned to departments and wards on a day to day basis.
- The AM is responsible for scheduling staff, managing assigned patients as well as tracking admissions and discharges.
- She will resolve patient care issues whilst collaborating with other teams and departments to ensure smooth and efficient running of the department.
- The AM shall plan, organize, develop and direct the operation of assigned Nursing Services department in accordance with the standards, guidelines and regulations that govern Nursing as well as the hospitals policies and as maybe directed by the Matron.
- Schedule duty hours and assign sufficient number of nursing staff for each shift to ensure that routine care is provided to meet the daily nursing needs of each patient.
- Delegate to senior nurses the administrative authority, responsibility and accountability to perform their assigned duties.
- Make rounds of the nursing services department to ensure that all nursing staff are performing their work assignments in accordance with acceptable nursing standards.
- Participate in new employee orientation as required by facility protocol.
- Review complaints and grievances made or filed by department staff.
- Make rounds with physicians as necessary and review nurse’s notes to ensure that they are informative and descriptive of the nursing care being provided and that they reflect the patient’s response to the care.
- Schedule daily rounds to observe patients and determine if nursing needs are being met.
- Care plan and assessment assist in the scheduling of care plans and assessments to be presented and discussed at each committee meeting as needed.
- Review and revise care plans and assessments as necessary, but at least quarterly.
- Safety and sanitation, Assist Infection Control in the development, implementation and revising of written aseptic and isolation techniques.
- Liaise with the Quality Control nurse to ensure that all nursing staff follows established departmental policies and procedures.
- Prepare a preventative maintenance program for maintaining the departments’ equipment and supplies in a safe and operable manner.
- Monitor nursing care to ensure all patients are treated fairly, with kindness, dignity and respect.
- Ensure that all nursing staff are knowledgeable of the patients’ rights and responsibilities.
- Review complaints and grievances made by patients, follow up resolution and give a report to the Medical officer in-charge.
- B.Sc. Nursing
- RN, RM
- BSL, ASL and/or others
- Minimum 20 years post qualification experience well established and well run facilities.
- Being a retiree is also an added advantage.
Skills and Attributes Requirements:
- Hands-on experience in medical and clinical procedures
- Nursing experience
- Ability to develop, interpret and apply health care policies and regulations
- Familiarization with health care policies and regulation
- Familiarization with health care technology and use
- Nursing training design and facilitation
- Attention to detail
1st December, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in PDF or Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.