Prezicon Limited is a Joint Venture founded in 2016 between two already well-known companies; DESICON Engineering (55% shares) and ALTRAD (45% shares). We are an efficient multiservice provider which combines the capabilities, experience and skill of both organisations to focus on asset integrity management and maintenance.
Job Position: Assistant Project Controller
Job Location: Nigeria
- The Assistant project controller will be responsible for monitoring and controlling project costs under the supervision of the Site Manager.
- As Assistant Project Controller, you will have the responsibility for reporting on the material control and utilization on the projects and ensuring the costs are kept within budgetary limits.
- You will also be responsible for managing the timesheets on the project.
- Complies with all Health, Safety, Environmental as well as legal and other requirements to which PREZICON subscribes.
- Participate in Hazard Identification, risk assessment and environmental impact assessment as applicable.
- Participate in client clarification meetings after project award.
- In case of project won, participate in a kick-off meeting with operations team.
- Work under total confidentiality.
- Perform and manage project activity scheduling and monitoring
- Preparation of project timesheets and other payment schedules from the project site.
- Attend project meetings and discussions with the PMT and external clients
- Maintains environmental, health and safety policies and program in line with Altrad goals.
- Assisting in the planning and implementation of projects.
- Helping to coordinate and manage project tasks and deliverables.
- Analyzing data as required.
- Conducting administrative duties, such as setting up meetings, drafting invoices and monitoring estimates/costs for each project.
- Manage the process of meal tickets issuance to the project personnel.
- Manage site access and site visit requests.
- Monitor the site expenditure under the supervision of the Site Manager.
- Monitoring the progress of the company’s projects to ensure that it is progressing according to schedule and budget.
- Providing regular updates on the status of projects to Management and project team members.
- Undertake any other ad-hoc duties as required by management.
- Provide IT support services as required.
- Actively participate in HSE activities, including tool box meetings and HSE meetings.
- Proactively Identify hazards and assess risks related to process activities.
- Involved in the identification of environmental aspects and impact, including the consideration of environmental impact as regards estimation and cost control.
- Identify and notify QHSE manager of any legal or other requirements, including update of applicable registers.
- Ensure the establishment of HSE objectives before February each year.
- Complies with all health, safety environmental as well as legal requirements to which Prezicon subscribes.
- Shall perform the duties of a trained first aider after undergoing requisite trainings
- Shall perform the duties of a trained fire fighter after undergoing requisite trainings.
- Actively take part in QMS activities and processes
- Ensure Quality Objectives are set, tracked and monitored accordingly
- Complies with company quality policy as well as regulatory and legal requirements to which company subscribes to
- Ensure risks and opportunities are identified and established
- Ensure Stakeholder’s Matrix are established and updated as appropriate
- QMS conformance and customer focus promotion
- Determining opportunities for improvement
- Complies with ISO 9001:2018.
- B.Sc Degree in Engineering, Finance or Social Sciences with specialization in Project Management or Cost Control related training.
- Knowledgeable in the use of MS Project, Primavera Scheduling and is highly advantageous.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, Mature, proactive & resourceful
- Independent worker who is able to work well with others with minimal supervision.
- 8 years relevant experience and similar capacity in project cost estimation and project cost control preferably in Offshore Construction/EPCIC Industry, painting, insulation, fabrication/construction or oil and gas industry.
- Fluent in oral and written communication
- Good presentation skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office – word and PowerPoint, Excel.
Competencies and Interpersonal skill:
- Ability to draw sound inferences from the information available; makes use of logic and creates/contribute to imaginative solutions.
- Co-operate and works well with others in the pursuit of team goals, sharing information and supporting others.
- Communicates orally in a clear, fluent, concise and appropriate way, which holds people’s attention on both groups and in one-to-one situations, encouraging feedback as appropriate.
- Produces written communications (electronic or other methods) which are clear, fluent and concise, accessible and jargon free and ensures information is available to others in an appropriate and accessible format.
- Has sufficient knowledge of broader context in which own professional/technical function is applied to perform effective in own job area.
- Engages in continuous development activities, thus responding to constant changes caused by internal and external factors; meets the standards of the relevant professional institutes in project estimation and cost control.
27th February, 2023.