The Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) in partnership with the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) of the United Nations is desirous of using part of the Credit to engage the services of individuals for the FGN / IFAD-VCDP (VCDP AF1) for the management and implementation of the program in the nine (9) participating states of Anambra, Benue, Ebonyi, Enugu, Kogi, Nassrawa, Taraba, Niger, and Ogun.
- Job Position: Assistant Rural Infrastructure Engineer (ARIE)
- Job Location: Abuja
- Report: Directly to the Project Rural Infrastructure Engineer (RIE).
Details of the Contract
- The two-year contract, renewable based on satisfactory performance acceptable to FGN and IFAD.
- The Assistant Rural Infrastructure Engineer (ARIE) will work under the direct supervision of the Project Rural Infrastructure Engineer (RuE).
- The Assistant Rural Infrastructure Engineer (ARIE) will be assisting the Project Rural Infrastructure Engineer (RIE) in all aspects of rural infrastructure development activities related to smallholder farmers.
- Liaise with State / LGAs Engineering staff (and other development partners) and include them throughout all rural infrastructure development activities to ensure sustainability, ownership, and synergy among stakeholders.
- Mobilize relevant beneficiaries around each rural infrastructure development activity for sustainability and increased ownership.
- Support in executing engineering/architectural surveys/designs,
- specifications (technical and socio-environmental) and cost estimates for rural infrastructure (roads, storage/market/agro promising facilities, land development activities, small irrigation activities).
- Contribute to the preparation of manuals/guidelines and the execution of capacity-building activities in the area of operation and maintenance for the sustainability of all rural infrastructure to be developed by the project.
- Monitor contractor’s construction program and method on the field, verifying that they are consistent with the implementation modalities (timeline and technical specifications).
- Monitor consultant’s service provision program and method on the ground, verifying that they are consistent with the implementation modalities (timeline and technical specifications).
- Assist in the process of measurements/calculation for further payment and/or variation.
- Liaise with Project and/or States/LGA5 Environmental Experts to ensure all related aspects are considered for sustained and environment-friendly rural infrastructure are delivered.
- Carry out any other functions assigned him/her by the Rural Infrastructure Engineer (RIE).
- First Degree in Civil Engineering, Rural Infrastructure or related area.
- A minimum of five (5) years experience in construction and management of rural / market Infrastructure.
- He/She should be registered with relevant professional bodies such as COREN, NSE
- Experienced working with Donor Assisted Projects.
- Good knowledge/experience of rural development challenges and dynamics
- Note: Qualified and experienced women are encouraged to apply.
12Noon; 4th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Expression of Interest (EOI) in 10 copies including one original and nine photocopies, properly sealed and clearly marked at the top right-hand cover “Expression of Interest (EOI) for the Recruitment of Officers under FGN / IFAD-VCDP Project.” Each envelope should include a CV and an application letter with cover letter suited for the position being applied for. The sealed envelope should be addressed and delivered to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development,
C / O Director, Projects Coordinating Unit (PCU),
No.1, Eldoret Close, Off Aininu Kano Crescent,
Wuse II – Abuja.