Purple Group is looking to hire an associate producer for its lifestyle and film/tv content. This covers the creation of content for various brands across our group and retailer network. As an associate, you’ll oversee all elements of a production from conception through to completion, and will also be involved in the marketing and distribution process.
With ultimate responsibility for the success of a finished piece of content, TV programme or video, you’ll work closely with directors and other production staff, to ensure the finished content is to specification, objectives and on-brand. You will also be required to host and present a few shows where necessary.
The ideal candidate is a creative who can conceptualize and come up with new ideas for video content. They also have the organizational skills to follow these ideas taking them from the initial stage to delivered through bringing them to life. Purple is looking to develop content internally to promote its companies, retailers. We will also be looking to collaborate with external parties to finance and produce tv shows and so on.
As an associate producer, you’ll need to:
- Conceptualize, plan and develop ideas into video content
- Present and appear in video content like interviews, vox pops, (when not hiring others)
- Read, research and assess ideas and scripts for development
- prepare budgets and oversee the use of budgets for various projects undertaken
- commission writers or secure the rights to scripts, screenplays etc
- pull together all the strands of creative and practical talent involved in the project to create and manage a team i.e (securing makeup artists, stylists models, actresses etc
- hold regular meetings with the production team to discuss ideas and content
- troubleshoot problems that arise during production
- ensure compliance with relevant regulations, codes of practice and health and safety laws
- supervise the progress of the project from production through to post-production
- Plan video shoots; scout, select and reserve shoot locations
- Liaise with external production teams to ensure our brands and retailers are featured in strategic ways.
- Deliver the finished production on time and to budget.
- 2-5 years’ experience working in media/video production/presenting
- Creative personality
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Onscreen confidence
- Organizational skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Degree in Mass Communications / Media
- A competitive salary
- Health, Dental and Optical Insurance, following confirmation
- A culture of learning
- Opportunities for career growth
- Training opportunities
- Group Life Insurance