Chevron Corporation is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Through its subsidiaries that conduct business worldwide, the company is involved in virtually every facet of the energy industry. Chevron explores for, produces and transports crude oil and natural gas; refines, markets and distributes transportation fuels and lubricants; manufactures and sells petrochemicals and additives; generates power, and develops and deploys technologies that enhance business value in every aspect of the company’s operations.
Job Position: Attorney
Location: Warri, Delta
- Provides legal guidance and representation to the business unit in legal matters.
- Work as part of a team and provide business-focused and solution-oriented legal support to client groups on technical and commercial transactions and projects
- Offer general corporate and legal advice to clients on matters which could pertain to upstream or downstream business portfolios
- Draft, review and/or negotiate complex commercial agreements
- Provide legal advice and guidance to clients on policy issues regarding legislation, regulations and rules enacted by the government
- Provide support on advocacy efforts as necessary, including the formulation of strategy and engagement of relevant stakeholders.
- Established industry/business knowledge, including drafting, negotiating and closing oil and gas transactions, and providing legal advice and counsel to clients
- Demonstrated job knowledge and technical proficiency
- Demonstrated exceptional leadership and communication skills.
- Must communicate effectively across broad functional and organizational lines and with regulatory and governmental stakeholders
- Must be a highly collaborative and motivated self-starter capable of working in a fast-paced team environment and collaborating with business clients, colleagues, and outside counsel
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite
- Bachelor of Laws Degree (LL.B) – Minimum of Second Class Honours, Upper Division
- Barrister at Law (B.L.) from the Nigerian Law School – Minimum of Second Class Honours, Lower Division
- A Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
- Nine (9) to Eleven (11) years post Call to the Nigerian Bar.
- Prior in-house (corporate counsel within an organization) experience will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online