Uraga Real Estate (A Honeywell Group Company) is a real estate company committed to creating long-lasting communities by providing creative and sustainable solutions With a long-term commitment to Africa, we are known for our design-led philosophy and creative approach to development and sustainability goals. For all our developments, we transform communities by bringing our expertise in land acquisition, design, planning and building to provide unique lifestyle offerings to a range of clients, including those from the residential, hospitality and commercial industries.
Job Position: Audit & Compliance Officer
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
- Responsible for ensuring the effective planning and execution of compliance, financial, operational audits and UREL special projects.
- Interface with staff across all levels to discuss and resolve potentially contentious issues and recommend improved business practices.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Independently perform and lead internal operational audits, monitor compliance with the company’s internal processes and procedures with regard to finance and other areas of operations
- Investigate and report violations of processes and procedures and regulatory standards across the operations of the company including but not limited to finance with effective action plans in response to discoveries and compliance violations.
- Issue all Internal Audit reports ensuring the reports are clear and concise, identify root causes with practical solutions and ultimately provide value to management.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of suitable company standard operating policies and procedures
- Revenue assurance; ensuring all proceeds are properly accounted for, correctly posted and adequate records maintained across UREL operating companies.
- Critically evaluate results of internal audits against results of property financial reviews performed, that include areas covered by internal audit, to ensure consistent issue identification is executed.
- Provide support to the Company’s external auditors during their review of Internal audit work papers and on-site visits.
- Lead special project initiatives, as needed, to ensure financial and process controls are not compromised and are designed to operate effectively.
- Liaise with co-workers to ensure their understanding of the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Perform unannounced internal assets audits based on a written work program to determine the effectiveness of established internal controls in accounting, human resources, life safety and other risk management.
- Provide follow-up support to ensure that corrective actions are being established in an acceptable manner.
- Analyze changes in the environment to identify new risks and make recommendations regarding needed control changes, as well as update the internal audit work program.
- Communicate with co-workers, owners, management, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Protect against fraud and theft of the organization’s assets
- Participate in disciplinary hearings by investigating violations and presenting findings to the hearing committee and proffering suggestions for improvement to forestall reoccurrence.
Experience & Qualification
- A First Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or any related field
- 4-6 years post-qualification experience in Accounting, Risk Assurance, Internal Controls, Hospitality and Project Management.
- Professional qualifications such as ACA or ACCA would be preferred
Competencies & Skills Requirement:
- A strong flair for business management
- Must possess strong analytical skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, proficient in Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Good crisis/conflict management skills.
- Good grooming and professional outlook.
- Strong work ethics.
- High degree of honesty and integrity.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and take initiative.
- Must be professional with a proactive approach to work.
- Must have a demonstrated hands-on approach and success in working in a team-based environment.
4th July 2022.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application / CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.