Adebola Sobanjo Company Limited is a multi-disciplinary professional firm established in 1980 to carry on business as consultants, accountants and tax experts. Over the years the company has grown with offices strategically located to render services in every area of our company business. Adebola Sobanjo Company Limited is a subsidiary of Sobanjo International, one of the top international business consulting firms in Nigeria..
- Job Position: Audit Trainee
- Job Location: Lagos
- The Audit Trainees would become familiar with accounting and auditing procedures and perform procedures in accordance with firm standards in an accurate, thorough and timely manner
- Familiarize themselves with the client’s business
- Reviewing the organization’s financial systems
- Checking items that appear in financial statements
- Performing tests to check financial information.
- Engaging in Audit exercises and representing client at Tax meetings with FIRS and LIRS.
- To keep records of all client’s files and confidential document etc.
- Assist in the compilation of the annual audit plan in conjunction with the Director of Audit.
- Plan, assign and manage the audits/verification visits and coordination of the follow up arising from same.
- Review, edit and approve the reports arising from the above visits, prior to issue to confirm the accuracy of same and to ensure consistency.
- Liaise with the Director of Audit in relation to any significant issues and manage the on-going development of appropriate reporting and data collection systems
- Co-ordinate the follow up procedures as required i.e. replies arising from the onsite verification/audits in order to ensure all reports are concluded on a timely basis.
- Manage and review the overall audit/verification schedules to ensure they are regularly updated in a timely manner
- Prepare regular reports outlining the status of the reports against the audit plan as well as exception reporting detailing the outstanding issues
- Prepare regular summary reports for presentation to the respective internal meetings summarizing the key issues highlighted during the course of verification visits/audits of the individual programs.
- B.Sc / HND in Accounting only or OND in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Should be a student member of ICAN
- Not more than 28 years old
Skills / Behaviors Required:
- Self-motivation, determination and confidence
- Ability to divide your time between work and study
- Meticulous attention to detail
- A strong aptitude for mathematics
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- A keen interest in the financial system
- Ability to work to deadlines, under pressure
- Ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including good presentation and report writing skills.
7th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.