Enterscale helps startups and scale-ups build insight-driven brands, craft compelling pitch decks, acquire early users with paid media, and connect with their audiences through rich content and deep user and product analytics.
Job Position: Back-End Developer
Job Location: Nigeria
- You will manage data interchange between the site/software users and servers. Your primary focus areas are to develop the server-side logic, develop and maintain the central database, and ensure high responsiveness and performance to front-end requests.
- The Backend Developer is responsible for the front-end integration, requiring you to have a basic understanding of front-end technologies.
- The Backend Developer must be highly skilled at developing the Application Program Interface (APIs) and integrating with third-party APIs.
- You will also have experience integrating multiple databases and data sources into a single system.
- You must also be familiar with managing hosting environments, including database administration and application scaling, to support load changes.
- You should show familiarity with data migration, scripting, transformation, and the setup and administration of backups.
- Design, implement and/or use RESTful web services
- Build scalable microservices-based systems
- Understand the needs of the customer or business and utilize this knowledge to develop applications that are consistent with the specific needs and requests of the customer
- Participate in agile software development, prototyping, testing, and code reviews
- Write code and libraries that meet the project standards to deliver the desired functionality aligned with the engineering department’s overall standards and guidelines.
- Work with other developers, data scientists, system engineers, and other technical experts to develop and implement solutions, especially working closely with the front-end developers in building and ensuring synchrony in developing the business’s sites/software and integrating consumer-facing elements through server-side logic.
- Conduct impact assessments and make recommendations concerning technology choices, design considerations, and strategy implementation.
- Gather and introduce new and relevant technologies and information on factors such as documentation practices, scalability, testing techniques, and refactoring.
- Similar duties as assigned by the Head of Engineering or the CEO.
- Education: The Backend Developer should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or any other relevant field. An equivalent of the same in working experience is also acceptable for this position.
- Communication Skills: You will also need outstanding communication skills to execute your duties properly. Communication skills are essential for this collaborative position, where the clarity of your communications will largely determine how efficiently collaborative activities are executed, hence determining the success or failure of the site/software in question.
- Interpersonal Skills: Certain attributes make a candidate more suitable for the role. The candidate must be a consumer-oriented individual, be result-oriented, be a team player and a team builder, can work comfortably in a highly collaborative setting, be able to work comfortably in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment, be highly organized, can work on multiple projects and meet tight deadlines, and demonstrate the ability to stay calm and composed in stressful and uncertain times.
- People Skills: The Backend Developer must be a people person who can build and maintain strong and lasting connections with others. The candidate must be a people person who inspires confidence and trust in others, who will then readily follow insights and directives.
- At least three years of working experience in a software engineering position in a startup.
- Good knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases (MongoDB, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Proficient in selecting from best practice design patterns and principles when designing software architectures and algorithms.
- Experience in event-driven architecture and real-time application.
- Familiar with logging/alerting/monitoring tools such as Grafana, ELK stack, and Prometheus.
- Experience in integrating third-party APIs (RESTful and Graph).
- Relevant experience using cloud-based tools and services.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should send their updated Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.