Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
Job Position: Backend Developer
Job Location: Abuja
- Data.FI is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to support the HIV and COVID-19 response. Data.FI partners with programs to accelerate and sustain access to high-quality data to expedite HIV and COVID-19 epidemic control and maintenance.
- By improving global, regional, national, and community/local in-depth analyses of HIV and COVID-19 epidemiologic and programmatic data, Data.FI expedites program achievements to improve client services and attain and sustain control of the epidemics.
- Data.FI supports host country governments to enhance existing health information systems (HIS), informing management responses to gaps in programming and sustaining impact by supporting local partner transition.
Purpose of Position
- Palladium is seeking to employ a Backend developer with adequate experience in Back-end programming.
- The Backend developer will work closely with the National OVC Management Information System development team to develop server-side logic, maintenance, and definition of the databases while ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front end.
- He/She will be responsible for, among others, building services using Java and Spring Boot, working within a Linux environment, deploying and managing services on both AWS and Microsoft Azure, and using Postgres to interact with relational data.
- The Backend Developer will report to the Senior Developer.
- Support the development, implementation, deployment, and integration of the suite of solutions, ensuring successful delivery, high quality, and sustainability of project solutions.
- Support the development and implementation of technical strategies and solution architectures and design of the project’s suite of technologies.
- Design and develop REST-based web services utilizing Java Spring Boot.
- Participate in developing web-based high-capacity information systems for cloud and local environments.
- Support evaluation of existing systems and maintain detailed technical documentation for all products developed, including system design documents, data dictionaries, and database design.
- Build and maintain test and evaluation environments as required.
- Design and execute performance and security tests and produce reports on these systems as appropriate.
- Apply design principles and patterns in creating enterprise-level solutions as needed.
- Perform web services tuning and performance testing.
- Implement unit tests as needed.
- Automate/script common developer tasks and continually optimize personal and team workflows.
- Infrastructure setup and configuration.
- Engage in code review and feedback process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 3 years of experience developing and implementing digital tools relating to technology and data solutions in a data-driven environment.
- Familiarity with programming languages/back-end web frameworks for rapid development, such as Java, Express.js (Node.js), Django (Python), Ruby on Rails (Ruby), or Laravel (PHP). Experience with relational databases, schema design, and performance analysis.
- Experience deploying solutions using containers and other cloud technologies.
- Good knowledge of Spring Boot, Spring Security, Spring JPA, and Hibernate.
- Relational data modeling concepts and experience in PostgreSQL, MySQL, or similar applications.
- Conducting unit testing, integration testing, and debugging back-end code for quality assurance.
- Experience securing the back end, including authentication and authorization, data encryption, and best practices for preventing common vulnerabilities.
- Familiarity with microservices-based application architecture.
- Knowledge of standards for systems integration, such as REST, OAUTH2, and OIDC.
- Experience with Git or similar version control systems.
- Experience in health or social protection programs will be an added advantage.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online