Tincan Island Container Terminal is a subsidiary of a multinational/global entity in the maritime sector. A rewarding career, great culture, and innovative environment are what we offer if you decide to join us.
Job Position: Backend Developer
Job Location: Lagos
- Report directly to lead developers.
- Assist with all functions of software coding and design.
- Learn codebase, gather user data, and respond to requests from senior developers.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly, and capable of working in a team environment.
- A good working knowledge of major programming languages.
- Assisting lead developers with all aspects of software design and coding.
- Attending and contributing to software delivery meetings.
- Learning the codebase and improving your coding skills.
- Writing and maintaining code.
- Working on minor bug fixes.
- Monitoring the technical performance of internal systems.
- Gathering information from consumers about program functionality.
- Writing reports.
- Conducting development tests.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Lead developer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related quantitative discipline.
- Relevant professional certification.
- Knowledge of databases and operating systems.
- Good basic knowledge of Information Technology from both a software and hardware perspective
- Basic programming experience.
- Ability to learn new software and technologies quickly.
- Software testing and debugging.
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum project delivery formats.
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
Nice to Have:
- Experience with UI/UX and Wireframe
- Experience with containerization and serverless computing
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Inherently demonstrate a high level of integrity and be trustworthy
- The ability to maintain confidentiality in regard to information processed, stored, or accessed by the systems
- The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds
Compensation and Benefits
25th August, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.