Uniccon Group is the home of innovative and customizable tech products to meet your needs. We combine world-class expertise, experience, and modern tools to scale up your productivity. Valuing and collaborating for the best services have kept us ahead of the market. Individuals, SMEs, organisation, and government agencies achieve more with us.
Uniccon Group owns Africa’s leading hub for STEM research, training, and solutions (STEMFocus). Research is the bedrock of our innovative services in the marketplace, payment gateway, workflow optimization, financial intel, cybersecurity, cloud infrastructure, and e-learning products. We are futuristic and leading with METAVERSE and NFTs in Africa. The operations extend to Agro-commodities processing and export, fashion brands, and general contracting business. It oversees operations across Africa, Asia, Europe, the Americas, and other parts of the world. The products are innovative, and customizable to meet market needs. Unicorn Group is a key player in their respective industries.
Job Position: Backend Developer
Job Location: Abuja
- The Back end Developer who is analytical, results-driven who will work with team members to troubleshoot and improve current back-end applications and processes.
- The Back end developer will use his or her understanding of programming languages and tools to analyze current codes and industry developments, formulate more efficient processes, solve problems, and create a more seamless experience for users.
- You should have excellent communication, computer, and project management skills.
- Participate actively in requirements gathering and analysis
- Work with business analyst to determine the best part of solutions to be implemented
- Actively participate in requirement gathering process
- Collaborate with the relevant teams and departments to produce software design and architecture
- Write clean, readable and testable code that is scalable and well documented
- Review code from junior and intermediate developers.
- Maintain, update, refactor and debug new and existing codes
- Test and deploy applications and systems
- Serve as an expert within your area of competence
- Provide technical support when necessary
- Keep up to date with the terminology, concepts and best practices for coding
- Develop ideas for new programs, products, or features by monitoring industry developments and trends
- Record and report data to the appropriate parties, such as clients, leadership or management
- Commit to continuous improvement, education and training to remain current on best practices, new programming languages, and to better assist other team members
- Take lead on projects when necessary.
- Mentor new developers.
- Appraise the performance of junior and intermediate developers.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related fields
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in backend software development using PHP and MySQL or any other backend languages
- 2+ years experience working with Laravel and/or Lumen or Express or Django and/or Django Rest Framework
- Experience in NodeJS, ReactJS and MongoDB would be a plus
- Candidate must reside in Abuja
- must be willing to work full time on site
- Create and consume RESTful APIs
- Working knowledge of PHP, Laravel/Lumen,
- Working understanding of frontend web
- technologies like HTML5, CSS3 and VanillaJS
- Proficient knowledge of version control & SSH
- Deep technical understanding of RESTful API’s
- Working experience with cloud hosting platforms.
20th February, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.