MacTay Consulting – We are one of the first and leading management consulting firm in Nigeria, providing HR services to our clients in Africa since 1982. We focus on adding value to organisations through customized solutions that meet our clients’ needs. We have a proven track record of providing excellent services that impact our clients’ businesses.
Job Position: Backend Engineer
- The Backend Engineer is required to produce and implement functional software solutions for web clients and application backends.
- You will be using the Spring, angular, and Java programming language.
- Experience with these frameworks is an added advantage but you can apply if you have experience with similar frameworks in C#, Python, PHP, Ruby, and other web application development frameworks.
- You will work with the Enterprise Architect to define software requirements and take the lead on operational and technical projects. In this role, you should be able to work independently with little supervision.
- You should have excellent organization and problem-solving skills. You are also required to have hands-on experience in software development and agile methodologies.
- Your primary goal will be to develop high-quality software that is aligned with user needs and business goals.
- Work with developers to design algorithms and flowcharts.
- Produce clean, efficient code based on specifications.
- Integrate software components and third-party programs.
- Verify and deploy programs and systems.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software.
- Gather and evaluate user feedback.
- Recommend and execute improvements.
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting.
- B.Sc / BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Software Developer, Software Engineer, or similar role.
- Minimum of 3 years Experience.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment
- Knowledge of coding languages (e.g. C++, Java) and frameworks/systems (e.g. AngularJS, Git)
- Experience with databases and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks (e.g. Hibernate)
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
- Attention to detail.
2nd November, 2021.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.