Ella & Black Associates Limited is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Baker/Cake Decorator
Location: Gbagada, Lagos
Employment Type: Contract
- A Baker/ cake decorator is needed on contract terms for our client, a bespoke homemade confectionery business.
- This person must be creative and have a keen eye for detail. In addition, candidates for this position must also demonstrate manual dexterity and the ability to effectively realize design goals.
- The candidate will work with customers in order to design and decorate a variety of cakes for various occasions by preparing icing and other ingredients, baking cakes in preparation for decoration, and overseeing operations of the kitchen.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Packages, labels, and prices pre-made cakes and treat boxes.
- Maintains, cleans, and polishes the refrigerator showcase for pre-made cakes.
- Keeps up to date with the latest trends in both flavors and aesthetic appeal.
- Designs, prepares, and decorates cakes according to customer specifications.
- Cleans work area and tools used.
- Calculates inventory and orders necessary ingredients and materials.
- Adheres to health and safety regulations by maintaining product freshness and sanitation.
- Actively promotes sales of baking products to customers by taking pictures and updating the official Instagram page.
- Provides courteous service to customers, when necessary.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Is courteous, friendly, and pleasant.
- Exhibits prowess using decorating tools such as airbrush guns, modeling tools, and electronic mixers.
- Is numerate and able to perform simple math problems to follow recipes.
- Demonstrates artistic ability.
- Exhibits excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Executes elaborate, attractive pastry designs.
- Demonstrates above average manual dexterity; has a steady hand.
Education and Experience
- For this position, a secondary school diploma or its equivalent is necessary. Must have adequate experience in baking, covering cakes and cookies with fondant, Buttercream, Whipped Cream and Chocolate. Experience utilizing decorating techniques and understanding the basic principles of baking.
- Must live around Gbagada and its environs.
- Required to work 2/3 times a week for 3 months, starting November to end January.
- The 3 months contract is renewable and may have potential for full time role depending on a satisfactory appraisal of performance during the contract period.
N25000 – N30000 net per month depending on experience
22nd of October, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cover letter and CVs to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Ensure to send appropriately to the right email address.