Petra Micro-Finance Bank Limited (PMFB) is fully in the business of rendering micro-financial services to all its customers, particularly the active poor. The bank was incorporated in the year 2008 and commenced full banking operation on 22nd May 2008. The bank has its head office at No. 18 Montgomery Road, Yaba, Lagos. The chief promoters of Petra Micro Finance Bank are the Catholic Priests Of the Order of Preachers (The Dominicans of the Province) of St Joseph the Worker Nigeria and Ghana.
Job Title: Bank Teller
Location: Yaba – Ebute Metta, Lagos
Main Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive and count working cash at beginning of the shift
- Identify customers, validate and cash checks
- Accept cash and checks for deposit and check the accuracy of the deposit slip
- Process cash withdrawals
- Perform specialized tasks such as preparing cashier’s checks, personal money orders, issuing traveler’s checks, and exchanging foreign currency
- Perform services for customers such as ordering bank cards and checks
- Receive and verify loan payments, mortgage payments, and utility bill payments
- Record all transactions promptly, accurately, and in compliance with bank procedures
- Balance currency, cash, and checks in the cash drawer at end of each shift
- Answer inquiries regarding checking and savings accounts and other bank-related products
- Attempt to resolve issues and problems with customer’s accounts
- Initiate and open new accounts
- Explain, advise on and promote bank products and services to customers
- Identify referral opportunities and make relevant referrals
- Ensure compliance with all internal controls and established policies and procedures
Key Skills and Competencies
- Strong numerical ability
- Good listening and communication skills
- Customer service orientation
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to make sound decisions. This may include making on the spot decisions regarding customer transactions
- Weighing customer satisfaction issues with the Bank’s exposure to loss or
- fraud and the ability to think through and rationalize decisions.
- This position requires a perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels.
- As unique situations present themselves, the incumbent must be sensitive to Bank needs, customer and employee goodwill, and the public image.
- Familiar with retail banking regulations and teller roles and responsibilities relating to each.
- The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
- the essential functions.
- Interested applicants should be a graduate of the reputable institution, professional qualifications are added advantage.
31st August, 2021.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.