Cedarcrest Hospital was founded in Abuja in January 2008; and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics. Within a few years, the hospital expanded its scope of practice into a full-fledged private multispecialty hospital. The core vision of the organization is to provide world class healthcare services to patients in Nigeria, West Africa, and globally.
With hospitals located in both Abuja and Lagos our services accommodate over one hundred (100) beds and provide services and facilities such as; emergency/trauma centre, a helipad, major radiology diagnostic centre, a prosthetic manufacturing plant, an oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theatres, cardiac catheterization unit and several other facilities that make for a modern multispecialty hospital.
- Job Position: Billing Officer
- Ref No: FL00003
- Job Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
- Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Billing Officer will be responsible for collecting and receiving cash from patients and clients of the hospital. The incumbent will be responsible for preparing invoices, updating patient, client billing records and preparing bill estimates.
- The activities of the Billing Officer includes; maintaining billing records, inputting billing data in the hospital’s software system, uploading allocating and filing receipts, balancing billing records on a daily and monthly basis, and bookkeeping. The incumbent is also responsible for tracking money owed to us by patients and clients of the hospital.
- Determines patient invoice by capturing services noted in patient chart; clarifying services with physicians.
- Receive payments through various methods (cash, online payments etc.) and check for the eligibility of HMO/Corporate patients.
- Responsible for preparing bill estimate.
- Collect all information needed to calculate bills receivable (order amounts, discount rates etc.)
- Provides billing information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing third-party billings, accounts pending, and late charges data and trends.
- Check the data input on final bills to ensure accuracy with CHL’s tariff or the tariff of Corporate/HMOs.
- Resolves billing issues by discussing contract with third-party payer; explaining insurance contract with patient; negotiating settlement.
- Uploads bills and claim forms online.
- Issues invoice by entering service data; calculating charges; mailing invoices.
- Maintains patient and invoice files by entering and adjusting data.
- Manage account balances to discover outstanding debts or other inconsistencies
- Identifies responsible party by examining patient record.
- Issue customer account statements periodically or whenever necessary
- Send reminders for payments and contact patients when assigned.
- Update accounting records with new payments, balances, customer information etc.
- Answer questions and handle complaints from customers regarding bills.
- Report on activity to upper management.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- 2 years of experience as Billing Officer in a hospital or related field.
- Customer service experience is a bonus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Healthcare, or Related Field.
- Adheres to laws and confidentiality guidelines.
- Proficient in MS Office especially Excel; working knowledge on ODOO or MediPlus.
- Excellent Math Skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to be polite and compassionate without lacking confidence.
- Sound negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital.
- Employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical
8th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using Position Title and Code as the subject of their email application.