The Edo State Colleges of Agriculture (Iguoriakhi) and Agricultural Technology (Agenebode) had by restructuring metamorphosed to one unique College of Agriculture and Natural Resources with expanded widened and deepened scope of academic, training, research and integrated extension services. The new College has three schools, namely: School of Agricultural Technology and Engineering at Iguoriakhi which doubles as the main campus and administrative headquarters of the College; School of Aquaculture and Marine Technology being located at Agenebode and the School of Forestry and Environmental Technology being located at Uromi.
- Job Position: Bursar
- Job Location: Edo
- The Bursar shall be the Chief Financial Officer of the College and shall be responsible to the Provost for the day’to-day financial administration and control of the financial affairs of the College.
- The Candidate for the post shall be visionary, a person of high integrity and moral character with excellent interpersonal relations.
- He/she must be able to instill confidence in others and command the loyalty and respect of people.
- He/she must fully understand the complexity of a Tertiary Institution system and must be able to effectively utilize its human resources to attain a world-class financial system.
- He/she must enjoy good physical and mental health and must be ICT compliant. In addition, he/she must be able to provide good professional leadership and on-the-job proficiency training to the Bursary staff.
- Possess a good honors degree (at least Second Class Lower Division) preferably in Accounting, Economics, Financial Management or any other related field or related subjects from recognized tertiary institutions;
- Possess professionally recognized accountancy qualifications, e.g. ICAN, ACMA, ACA, ANAN, CPA, ACCA, CNA. Possession of a higher degree will be an added advantage;
- The candidate should have at least fifteen (15) years post-honors degree and ten (10) years post-professional qualification experience. In addition, the candidate must be holding the position of Deputy Bursar in a University or equivalent in a comparable institution, with at least five (5) years in the post;
- Be computer literate and must be conversant with accounting and auditing software,
- Be free from financial embarrassment and enjoy good physical and mental health, and
- Be below the age of 55 years at the point of assumption of duty.
Terms of Appointment / Condition of Service
- The appointment for the position is for one single non-renewable term of five (5) years.
- The salary and other benefits of the Bursar are approved from time to time by the Edo State Government.
10th May 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should attach to their Application thirty (30) type-written copies of their Curriculum Vitae, giving the details in the following order:
- Full names (Surname first and underlined).
- Date and Place of Birth.
- State of Origin and Local Government Area.
- Nationality and how acquired.
- Marital Status.
- Number and ages of children.
- Current Postal Address including telephone number and e-mail.
- Educational institutions attended with dates.
- Academic and Professional qualifications with dates.
- Membership of Professional Bodies / Associations.
- Honours and Distinctions, if any.
- Academic / Scholarly publications.
- Conferences attended and papers presented with dates.
- Previous Employer (s) and post (s) held with dates.
- Present Employment to include status, salary, duties and any other relevant experience.
- Thirty (30) copies of Statement of own vision (not more than 1,000 words) for the College (for Principal Officers only).
- Other activities outside current employment
- Names and address of three (3) referees (preferable employer, educational and personal) who are to forward their reports under confidential cover by courier, to “The Permanent Secretary”, via the address below.
All Applications are to be submitted in a sealed envelope, by courier and marked “Application for the Position applied” at the top left-hand corner to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources,
Central Road, G.R.A,
P.M.B 106, Benin City,
Edo State, Nigeria.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated.