Altara Credit Limited (“Altara”) is a Nigerian consumer and business services venture. Our core value proposition is to improve the quality of life for the average Nigerian by driving financial inclusion. Altara is built on serving the underbanked and the otherwise financially excluded.
Our debut service is “buy now, pay later” where we allow formal & informal sector workers, and SME owners to purchase a variety of products and equipment for their homes and businesses but instead of paying for the products in full upfront, pay a small amount over time.
- Job Position: Business Analyst – Finance
- Job Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- This is a role where you will report directly to the Finance Operations Manager. In this capacity, you will be responsible for providing the financial results of the company, all the internal reports, optimizing financial controls, and assist with strategic Initiatives.
Further responsibilities include:
- Managing the junior accountants on the daily financial operations. This includes bookkeeping, preparing and recording journal entries.
- Preparing and analyzing financial data and making informed decisions using this data.
- Track the income and expenses, and be able to supervise the preparation of detailed revenue and expense reports.
- Supervise the complete daily and monthly bank and revenue account reconciliations.
- Support external audit and accounting requirements related to specific areas of responsibility.
- Work to continuously improve accounting/finance procedures and internal controls.
- Designing and monitoring financial cash controls.
- Work directly with the finance manager on strategic initiatives that improve the financial position of the company.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, in Accounting, Finance, Business, Operations or Economics
- At least 2 years work experience.
- Preference will be given to masters’ degree holders
- ACA or international equivalent preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Familiarity with establishing financial controls, financial management, cash flow optimization and other optimization strategies
- Commitment to achieving performance goals
- Great at time management, multitasking and prioritizations.
15th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications containing the following below to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Your Resume (1-page max).
- A short paragraph as to why you are interested in the role (Half a page).
- In 5 bullet points, choose 5 individual responsibilities (listed above) and express why you would excel in the role with an example of a project you have completed in the past to support each point.