eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings and uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
Job Position: Business Analyst
Job Location: Abuja / Kano
- The Coordinator, Business Analysis is responsible for the requirements analysis and documentation, specification, development cycle and execution of a variety of software projects.
- S/he manages the sprint and release process and communicates all changes to relevant stakeholders.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned:
- Discovers, documents, and prioritizes client needs and requirements
- Support Information Systems Manager in developing specifications, timelines and budget.
- Manages prioritization in close coordination with the programmes and engineering teams
- Decides upon release date(s) and content (Release Planning)
- Organizes and facilitates project planning, daily stand-ups, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other project-related meetings
- Support Information Systems Manager in establishing software development processes with the local development team
- Tracks tasks and milestones and reports on the project’s progress.
- Assists as needed with backlog maintenance.
- Manages different stakeholder expectations and works with key stakeholders to define scope, timescales, budget, quality, handover criteria.
- Understanding business process management and business requirements of the customers and translating them to specific software requirements
- Document Business and System processes using UML notation and Case tool like Enterprise Architect.
- Making sure that the recommended solution has a competitive edge.
- Understanding the technical designs as well as the specifications.
- Effectively communicating with internal teams and external clients to deliver functional requirements like GUI, screen and interface designs.
- Acting as an interface between program units, technology teams and support teams
- Provides expertise to identify and translate system requirements into software design documentation.
- Work with technical writers to ensure quality internal and external client-oriented documentation
- Provide end-to-end solution and design details
- Demos product functionalities for customers and senior leadership.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Supervises assigned Project Management staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree from college or university in Computer Science, Business Management, Engineering, Information Systems Technology or a related field. A postgraduate degree is desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on product or project management experience with software products and solutions
- Desirable: UML, SCRUM, MICROSOFT Technologies
- Demonstrated experience to gather user requirements from a number of sources and build product requirements. Ability to identify product improvements that meet organizational and client needs.
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum work environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications with a strong aptitude for succinctly presenting thoughts and ideas to senior internal and external stakeholders.
- English is the spoken and written language. Fluency in French will be an added advantage.
- Organizational skills and great attention to detail. Must be able to work as a member of a team and possess good problem-solving skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. English is the spoken and written language
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from executive and senior managers, employees, the general public and clients/partners
- Must have the ability to manage conflicts and resolve problems effectively
- Action oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment
Certifications and Licenses:
- A project Management (PMI) certification is preferred
- AgilePM, Kaban and PMI.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.