Fact Foundation (FACT) is a Nigeria-based organisation that aims to support populations affected by ongoing and emerging global challenges through research, data, and technology solutions. RADAR is a FACT programme that promotes the use of “bottom-up” technology-based solutions in the delivery of public and humanitarian services.
The programme works in partnership with Government, I/NGOs, and Donor actors to design and deploy technology-based systems to respond to needs and support communities affected by emerging and ongoing global challenges. Using our expertise in data science, geographic information systems, and software development, we work with our partners to ensure that technology solutions are “fit to purpose” and “fit to use” which then ensures efficient and accurate decision-making, identification of beneficiaries, assignment of goods and services, as well as tracking and monitoring of impact.
Job Position: Business Analyst / Quality Assurance – eCRVS Project
Job Location: Abuja
- Under our Radar programme, FACT in partnership with New Digital Legacy (NLD) and UNICEF is implementing electronic-Civil Registration and Vital Statistics (e-CRVS) in Nigeria.
- The eCRVS project aims to strengthen the CRVS systems in Nigeria, by creating digitally enabled and effective service delivery models that will extend access to registration to even the remotest areas and by using data exchange standards so that civil registration data are secure yet interoperable with other government systems in Nigeria, all in a cost-effective manner.
- FACT is currently looking for a Business Analyst to support our Radar team on the eCRVS project.
- The Business Analyst/ Quality Assurance will participate in creating new products and features, from the idea stage to launch.
- To be successful in this role, the preferred candidate should have experience in end-to-end product management.
- The key responsibilities of the analyst will include driving user and product research, gathering product requirements, and assisting with Agile/SCRUM activities.
- Ultimately, S/he will work with the internal team and partners on the project (NPC and UNICEF) to build e-CRVS system for Nigeria.
Responsible for the eCRVS system being developed, ensuring that it meets the needs of civil registration in Nigeria. Key activities:
- Drafting and confirming the eCRVS requirements with key stakeholders (to support SOPs and then beyond)
- Identify how the requirements will be delivered through the use of OpenCRVS (configuration vs. new functionality)
- Liaise with the OpenCRVS core team to align on the design of new product features
- Draft the configuration specifications
- Create designs/prototypes for new functionality and gather feedback from key users (using the existing component library)
- Write epics and user stories for the product backlog, including detailed and exhaustive acceptance criteria.
- Play the role of Product Owner in the agile development process (backlog grooming and sprint planning)
- Communicate the eCRVS technical solution to local stakeholders and revise requirements based on their feedback.
- Lead the product and user acceptance testing of the eCRVS solution to ensure it fully meets the acceptance criteria of the functional and non-functional requirements.
- Coordinate with other government agencies such as NITDA and NIMC to ensure that their requirements are fully met, including the end-to-end testing of civil registration and the NIN enrolment process.
- 3 to 5 years of experience working in a software company within the product development team or a similar function
- Excellent academic qualifications, including a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (Software, Design, IT, Economics, Research, or similar)
- Excellent communication and drafting skills required for effective report writing
- Experience with external engagement (donors, partners, and other key stakeholders) required;
- Knowledge of product management tools like JIRA or Trello
- Experience or knowledge of e-Governance solutions
- Strong knowledge of Civil Registration and Vital Statistics (CRVS) in Nigeria
- Strong time management skills
- Good communication skills along with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Comfortable multi-tasking and supporting multiple products
- Intermediate to advanced working knowledge of Figma, Microsoft Office desktop applications, including Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, and Google suite Apps.
25th November, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the email.