United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
Job Position: Business Analyst
- Manage treasury relationship with Group Finance.
- Preparation of monthly liquidity projections and analysis for subsidiaries.
- Monitor the intragroup funding and capital requests, including pricing and tax concerns.
- Provide leadership in the execution, management and reporting of short and long-term strategic financial objectives for the Bank’s African Subsidiaries.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions in the subsidiaries.
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities in the subsidiaries.
- Evaluate and advise Executive Management on the impact of long-range planning, the introduction of new strategies and regulatory actions in the Subsidiaries.
- Ensure that the people, technology, policies and process in all the Financial Control Functions in African Subsidiaries are in line with the approved Group Finance Governance Policy.
- Manage the processes of financial forecasting, budget consolidation and reporting in the subsidiaries.
- Manage the Financial and Regulatory Audit for African Subsidiaries.
- Proactively lead the development and implementation of comprehensive and sustainable cost optimization initiatives for the African Subsidiaries.
- Ensure that all subsidiaries develop a robust MIS reporting framework to drive business performance.
- Standardize business performance reporting across all subsidiaries.
- Develop subsidiary capacity to provide insights to drive the business.
- Engender the credibility of Subsidiary Finance Teams by ensuring timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts for the Executive management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field
- A master’s degree or a professional qualification will be an advantage
- 4-8 years experience in finance and cost management in the banking industry.
- Our ideal candidate must have good knowledge of Business and Financial Analysis, Performance Management, and a good understanding of the Nigerian Banking Industry.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Business and financial analysis
- Performance management
- Excellent interpretation of the bank’s aspirations into measurable details.
- Good understanding of the Nigerian Banking Industry.
- Knowledge of CBN’s policies and the business environment
- Excellent oral and communications skill
- Advanced interpersonal and conflict management skills
- Excellent listening skill
What We Expect From You:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain an excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
17th June 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online