Mastercard – We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Job Position: Director, Business Development
Job Location: Lagos
- The Digital Partnerships team in the Eastern Europe Middle East and Africa region (EEMEA) is looking for a Director, Business Development, Telco Segment to build, develop and manage the Telco segment across the Africa region.
- The primary objective of the role is developing the strategy and growing revenue in the segment across the region by identifying and pursuing opportunities with new or existing customers/markets, growing market share and deepening Mastercard’s regional footprint; embedding multiple products, platforms, and capability bundles that drive innovation and stickiness.
- Developing and setting sales & commercial strategies aligned with geographies sand segments including pipeline management and go to market at the segment level.
- The ideal candidate is passionate about leveraging payments technology to digitally transform new and emerging sectors, digital innovation, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an entrepreneurial and commercially astute mindset. This role will be based in Lagos, Nigeria
- In this high-profile, customer facing position, you will partner with the Telcos across Africa deepening our relationship with them across all the Telco verticals including but not limited to the Fintech Business, Enterprise Business and GSM Business lines.
- Your focus will be on deal commercializing, portfolio optimization including revenue diversification with a strong bottom line focus.
- You will be the global ‘owner’ of Mastercard’s relationship with your assigned accounts and accountable to build mutually aligned strategies and plans with your partners and execute on them by effectively leveraging the Mastercard organization.
- You will be responsible for driving Mastercard revenue growth and be comfortable developing business cases including ROI analyses as well as leading responses to RFPs.
- You will dive into financial and payment related data to be grounded in facts in order to provide customer specific recommendations that drive value for partners and Mastercard.
- You will be the expert on your assigned partners and learn about Mastercard’s capabilities and be ready to provide insight into a merchant’s business, thinking strategically and broadly.
- You will establish day to day and senior business relationships and work with partners to create roadmaps and through QBRs and daily interactions ensure alignment on strategy and execution on agreed projects.
- You will lead negotiations with partners and with internal stakeholders and develop terms sheets and contracts.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Expertise on deal commercialization and P & L management.
- A passion and comfort in meeting new people and building & nurturing meaningful relationships at all levels including with senior-level and C-Suite executives. Strong Business Development & Relationship management expertise.
- Possess a blend of analytical capability, strategic thinking, and emotional intelligence and able to dive deep on all areas of the business to deliver creative solutions to unstructured problems.
- Comfortable aptitude for onboarding complex business and technical knowledge to a level sufficient to engage in meaningful partner discussions and identify and drive solutions.
- Enjoy collaborating with a team while working independently towards a goal.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online