The Edo State Investment Promotion Office (ESIPO) is an agency of the Edo State Government established in January 2018, which promotes investment opportunities within the geographical area of Edo State and also serves as a one-stop-shop for both domestic and foreign investors actively seeking investments to the state and provides aftercare and business expansion services to investors. The agency facilitates stakeholders’ engagement to improve the business environment while supporting and strengthening micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) to be investor-ready.
To achieve its objectives, the office works closely with other Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs), Private Sector, Development Finance Institutions (DFIs), Multi-Donor Agencies, Embassies and Foreign Missions, Trade Associations, and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs). The Office is also responsible for the domestication of the Ease of Doing Business in the state.
Job Title: Director, Business Development Support, Exports and Aftercare
Job Location: Edo
Director, Business Development Support, Exports and Aftercare will work under the supervision of the Managing Director.
The specific tasks for the Director, Business Development Support, Exports and Aftercare will be as follows:
- Improvement in the customer relations management system for investor aftercare
- Creation of an aftercare manual
- Directs the engagements with existing investors in Edo State through different communication channels to gather information on complaints to resolve with relevant MDAs.
- Develops a working relationship with different existing investors and organises site visits to companies.
- Supervises the different methods of gathering information on investors’ perceptions of the investment climate in Edo state.
- Leads initiatives to ensure existing investors expand their businesses in Edo State.
- Support existing investors in expanding current investments;
- Supervises developing and maintaining the database of contacts within MSME clusters within the state to provide linkages to business development support services.
- Provides direction for creating linkages of MSMEs to state and federal agencies for information on exportation policies and procedures.
- Leads the exploration of opportunities to develop relationships with new partnerships to assist the growth of MSMEs in Edo state.
- Leads drive to encourage MSMEs to explore market opportunities with established companies as a prelude to exporting their products.
- Maintain liaison between investors and Ministries, Government Agencies, institutional lenders, and other authorities concerned with investments;
- Liaises with key government departments to strengthen collaboration in the formalisation of MSMEs, skills development, and capacity building.
- Facilitate access to market for exporters in the State
- Train and mentor staff in aftercare service, with training schedule
- Ensure the implementation of ESIPO’s mandate
- Perform any other duty/function as assigned by the MD ESIPO.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience required in Economics, Marketing, Finance, Development Administration, or related field; graduate degree preferred
- Experience in business development, marketing, exports, international trade and business sustainability.
- Experience designing impact investing proposals and strategies to mobilize finance for climate change mitigation and adaptation, clean energy transition, and nature-based solutions preferred
- S/he has at least seven (7) years of private sector business development experience; collaboration experience with international aid agencies such as FCDO, GIZ, USAID, IDH, preferred
- At least five years of experience working on private sector business development in Africa.
- Teamwork: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust, and commitment.
- Communication: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people’s ideas and thoughts. Impeccable oral and written communication with good analytical skills. Adaptability: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
- Customer and Client-Focused: Anticipates, monitors, and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly. Professionalism: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity, and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.
15th May, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV and Letter of Motivation as one document with complete contact details to: email@example.com using the Vacancy Number as the subject of the email.
- Edo State Government is an equal opportunity employer; both men and women are encouraged to apply.
- Please not that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted