The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) is the world’s largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands.
At The Coca-Cola Company, you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
- Job Position: Business Development Director – CHI
- Ref: R-45529
- Job Location: Lagos
- The Director of Business Development will support The VP Business Development Africa Operating Unit (AOU)and partner with Franchise General Managers and General Manager CHI Africa Operating unit (AOU) in leading development and execution of the transformational initiatives that will ultimately deliver on the ambition of providing the first African Billion Dollar Dairy brand from CHI Nigeria, the recently acquired end to end Dairy and Juice Business.
The role is:
- Part of the leadership team of the Vice- President Business Development, Africa focused on transformation in the operating unit in alignment with the franchise general managers and our bottling partners. Some of this work will include
- Strengthening out bottling partnership and capabilities in Africa
- Creating an Africa strategy, including supply chain and execution fundamentals
- Develop, align and execute a strategy for System Bottling Structure in Region to develop a world-class Bottling system.
- Responsible for overall management of acquisition and bottling partnership change transactions
- Commercial / Franchise Management, Marketing and Strategy skills to deliver full potential plans for new and existing partners in markets and categories
- Provide critical commercial and business analyses which enable leadership decision making incl. merger and acquisition strategy for the Region.
- Responsible for partnering with Corporate and OU to identify growth opportunities and lead/execute transactions supporting those growth opportunities.
- No direct reports or responsibility of Volume/Profit or DMI in the base plan. However, depending on the type of project, the role may include managing acquisitions of volume (Delivery of volume and profit in collaboration with the BUs by minimizing disruptions and identifying synergies during the transition to transformation initiatives – volume and profit responsibility during transformation)
- Graduate Degree
- 12+ years of experience in the areas of Business Management, Franchise Management, Commercial, Marketing, Strategy and Execution
- Business development, strategic business planning areas in FMCG or Consultancy Companies; M&A.
Related Work Experience:
- Unleash Africa growth potential by transforming the business, people and communities we operate:
- Collaborate with OU and Franchise GMs to create and execute a strategy to reshape bottler footprint and reconfigure supply chain
- Develop different options/scenarios and evaluate them (strategic fit, the likelihood of success etc.)
- Provide recommendation and rationale on the step-by-step as to how to proceed
- Lead negotiations and make decisions according to prescribed parameters
- Negotiate contractual terms to ensure contract reflects economics approved
- Set parameters of due diligence plan (e.g., time frame, scope, deliverables) to ensure that plan meets established deadline
- Review working drafts of Definitive Agreements and provide comments to Legal or coordinate same with outside counsel
- Existing and New Bottling Partners
- Global M&A
- External Consultants – Business and Legal
4th February 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online