Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organizations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment.
- Job Position: Business Development Executive
- Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- To execute business development strategy according to plan and detailed activities, and with reference to Interswitch overall development strategic direction.
- To report findings and obtain approval from respective heads on business development strategy execution and operations. To comply with sales regulatory requirements, and report progress to respective Head.
Business Development and Planning:
- Monitor and assess sales and market data for a specific geographic region that will assist management in identifying areas in the market where business can be developed.
- Attend meetings led by respective Head, along with relevant stakeholders, and acquire client needs on sales and business development processes and requirements.
- Execute mitigation activities in line with communicated requirements.
- Use strategic planning systems and protocols to support others.
- Evaluate and suggest sales strategies improvements, and support new customers’ identification
- Implement efficient customer communication and feedback channels
- Identify and negotiate sales deals that promote sustained income.
- Analyze business operations and strategies to identify new opportunities. Identify cost reductions to increase sales revenue.
Customer Needs Clarification and Sell Customer Propositions:
- Set clear objectives for each sales call or meeting; use standard materials to make a presentation to the customer and ask relevant questions to evaluate the customer’s level of interest and to identify and respond to areas requiring further information or explanation.
- Analyze consumer behavior to meet product demand and preferences. Perform competitor analysis towards an increased market share.
- Identify the products or services that best meet the customer’s stated needs, use personal expertise to propose quantities and product configurations, explain the selection to the customer, and invite the customer to make a purchase at the standard price/terms and conditions of sale.
- Delegate writing proposals to interns and liaising with other departments to align strategies. Review developed deliverables before submitting to respective Head
Customer Relationship Development / Prospecting:
- Develop and implement a customer contact plan to communicate product launches and engage the potential customers in relevant sales campaigns to build new relationships.
- Act as the first point of contact for customer queries and complaints and resolve these, referring complex issues to others and ensuring that the customer receives an appropriate response.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with contractors, clients, and consultants in the business development ecosystem.
Data Collection, Analysis, Insights, and Reporting:
- Collate and analyze data using pre-set tools, methods, and formats (involves working independently).
- Contribute to the preparation of various data and analytics reports. Report findings and obtain approval from respective heads on business development strategy execution and operations.
- Develop weekly progress reports which include activities progress against set timelines, key risk and control indicators, and overall improvements on current processes and procedures that minimize relevant risks, and submit reports to respective Head.
Sales Pipeline Operations:
- Provide expert input on all aspects of pipeline maintenance, construction, and operation. Could involve performing expert-level tasks or supervising others to do the same
Customer Relationship Management / Account Management:
- Develop and implement a customer contact plan to communicate product launches and engage the customers in relevant sales campaigns.
- Act as the first point of contact for routine customer queries and complaints and resolve these, referring complex issues to others and ensuring that the customer receives an appropriate response.
- General Education University First Degree in Business Administration, Sales, and Marketing or Finance-related field.
- Experience General Experience At least 4 years’ relevant experience in Business Development and client-facing roles ideally within reputable financial institutions. This will enable the job holder to deal with the majority of situations and to advise others.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online